And now for another question......

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
An old bag, waterproof would be good if you have. Def not Hermes. What for, do you have to prove something to somebody? All it would prove to me is that you are foolish to expose a bag that expensive to a hurricane.

kat99

O.G.
Jun 20, 2006
I use my Birkin in light drizzles when I happen to be caught in them. I was caught in the rain this weekend while going out of Target. My boyfriend gave me his jacket to wear and to his horror I used it to protect my bag, haha.

Otherwise I have a nice sturdy Tod's Mikey bag that I like to use. I'm bringing that bag to Hawaii. I also bought a Boat and Tote bag from LL Bean for those days I need a larger bag.

Pelinaka

Apr 19, 2006
I am using my Damier Saleya MM! Yesterday, I had on my Goyard!!! These two are great with rain - I swear =)

crochetbella

~H~
O.G.
Mar 6, 2006
Isn't the Saleya great? I love not having to worry about it at all. Oh, I also have a Boat and Tote bag that I use for the gym. It's great too! :smile:

Jun 26, 2006
Chanel - it's smaller and i just tuck it under my arm.

Or, my Ferragamo bag made entirely of its signature grosgrain ribbons.

Jun 27, 2006
i use my chanel luxe bowler or my chanel caviar tote. it's like water repellant!! i would love a goyard though.....

shoes319

O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
New England
Another LV Saleya bag user here! It has seen the rain with no problems. I know some of the leathers are hardy, but I wouldn't bother putting them through it lol!! I just am sure to wear something 'else' Hermes that day!!!

MrsMorris

O.G.
Jul 5, 2006
It has been raining here for several days as well. I use my my XL Devi Kroell teal python hobo.....it is indestructible.

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
I have coach leather bags that have held up very well...

we get 120-200 inches here a year, so I think that's pretty good! Rain is unavoidable, to say the least.
(and let's not talk about mold, OK? You should SEE the tack room ICKY ICKY)
:sad: