And Just Like That... on HBO Max (Sex and the City Reboot) SPOILER pg 6

I feel like the writers were given a list with the names of the female characters and told to write them as dithering, middle aged women who are out of touch with current reality. I don't feel like any of the writers have watched the original series and seen the women when they were confident, socially aware, stylish, and successful. No wonder Samantha had to leave. She was always on top of things.

I saw this come across my news feed
IMO she really did give better than she got from the others

I saw this come across my news feed
IMO she really did give better than she got from the others

"And this explanation is not in character for Samantha AT ALL. She would never end a friendship over something like that, and she was probably the most loyal, selfless, and nonjudgmental friend out of the four." I completely agree with this. Samantha would not stop being friends over being "fired" as Carrie's publicist. She would understand. Again, it is lazy writing just like how they wrote Stanford off the show was lazy writing.

I had no idea the women in the Golden Girls were supposed to be that young. I always thought they were supposed to be in their early to mid 60's- except Sophia, of course.
TV time is strange. Haven't you watched shows where the storyline is someone's 20th high school reunion, or a couple's 25th anniversary, and everyone is acting like these milestones make the characters SO old?

Wow, Charlotte can't even say sorry to her husband after knocking him over.

I agree that was very strange. I’m hoping they resolve it in a way that makes Charlotte look like less of a turd.
And I’m not happy about Miranda cheating on Steve, but I’m interested to see where it goes. Again I’m hoping for a reasonable resolution. I’d like to see the ladies have interesting adventures rather than just implode.
I’m not ready for Carrie to date either. But Jon Tenney…yes please. Although he’s practically unrecognizable with strange fluffy hair and whiskers.

I agree that was very strange. I’m hoping they resolve it in a way that makes Charlotte look like less of a turd.
And I’m not happy about Miranda cheating on Steve, but I’m interested to see where it goes. Again I’m hoping for a reasonable resolution. I’d like to see the ladies have interesting adventures rather than just implode.
I’m not ready for Carrie to date either. But Jon Tenney…yes please. Although he’s practically unrecognizable with strange fluffy hair and whiskers.
Miranda was so hard on Steve for cheating on her the one time but has no problem carrying on in an ongoing affair. Just seems like these women have gotten worse with age. If Carrie says that her husband died one more time...Yeah, we get it.

Well, I am very disappointed. I was never bored on SATC. This last episode I felt bored. That was all they could do with Carrie's first date?
I am sorry, I do not like to see sex scenes between Miranda and Che, gag, I know it is not morally wrong, but not for me. I guess I am just too old.

Miranda was so hard on Steve for cheating on her the one time but has no problem carrying on in an ongoing affair. Just seems like these women have gotten worse with age. If Carrie says that her husband died one more time...Yeah, we get it.

How many years went by since Steve had an affair? Not to excuse Miranda now, but it doesn’t seem connected to me at all. And…not to nit pick, but Miranda has been with Che twice…not an ongoing affair quite yet.

Well, I am very disappointed. I was never bored on SATC. This last episode I felt bored. That was all they could do with Carrie's first date?
I am sorry, I do not like to see sex scenes between Miranda and Che, gag, I know it is not morally wrong, but not for me. I guess I am just too old.

Don’t think it has anything to do with your age…you are just not comfortable with it. That is fine…it didn’t bother me and I’m 70. :coolio:

How many years went by since Steve had an affair? Not to excuse Miranda now, but it doesn’t seem connected to me at all. And…not to nit pick, but Miranda has been with Che twice…not an ongoing affair quite yet.
It doesn't matter how many years it has been since his affair. The point is that she made a huge deal about his affair (sex one time) and didn't want to forgive him, etc but now is having one herself with Che. Yes, twice, but it will continue (see the teaser for next week's episode) and she has been obsessed with Che (why haven't they DM'd me back, oh I see them over there so better go get in their eyesight, etc). My point is end a relationship before beginning something with someone else unless there is an understanding that you and your spouse have an open relationship where it is ok to be seeing someone, having sex (regardless of how many times) and so forth.

It doesn't matter how many years it has been since his affair. The point is that she made a huge deal about his affair (sex one time) and didn't want to forgive him, etc but now is having one herself with Che. Yes, twice, but it will continue (see the teaser for next week's episode) and she has been obsessed with Che (why haven't they DM'd me back, oh I see them over there so better go get in their eyesight, etc). My point is end a relationship before beginning something with someone else unless there is an understanding that you and your spouse have an open relationship where it is ok to be seeing someone, having sex (regardless of how many times) and so forth.
Oh…don’t get me wrong, I agree with you! I totally support the idea of leaving a relationship or marriage BEFORE beginning another. I just don’t think Steve’s affair had anything to do with Miranda’s obsession with Che.

Bisbee,
It's interesting, I am perfectly comfortable with gay men! LOL! I am fine with gay women, too. I guess it is just hard for me to see it outside of kissing. The original SATC didn't go into it that much, but that was many years, ago. I am religious, but my religion is very comfortable with any sexual orientation. (Reform Best Bubbie, LOL!)
I agree with the above, she should be honest with Steve. He was with her.
Also, I think they are making Steve look like a confused old man when he is only in his mid-fifties.
I don't think the new fashion is as good, not Pat Field, even though they worked with Pat Field.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bisbee
I don't think the new fashion is as good, not Pat Field, even though they worked with Pat Field.
I never liked Pat Field. I thought the fashions on the first season of SAtC were kinda hideous.

It was in subsequent years that the fashion was over the top, but gorgeous and that was because Pat Fields’s real life partner (at the time) was costume designer Rebecca Weinberg and she was mostly responsible for the fashion.

Anyway, this year, I don’t know what’s going on, but it isn’t special anymore.

Jayne1, I love the old SATC fashion, esp the purses, the shoes, the necklaces and the 1950's style dresses. When Carrie wore her Chanel shirt backwards, that was a bit too much. Even the Gucci + Balenciaga purse she carried in Central Park wasn't that pretty (in "And Just Like That").

Wow, Charlotte can't even say sorry to her husband after knocking him over. I dislike her more with each passing episode. I dislike the show more with each episode.

I saw this in my FB feed today:

View attachment 5297157
It is amazing over 20 years, 50 something women don't have to wear their hair, in those bouffant hair styles, that made them look so old. However, I think part of the GG was about being old.
I agree not saying your sorry after you knock someone down is ridiculous, especially with Harry being so sweet. Tennis is not American Football.