And I call myself a Coach Junkie! HAH!

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
So I rush to Von Maur yesterday to snatch up the deprtment store exclusive Signature Legacy Shoulder Bag. I have exactly 45 min. to get the bag and get back home. I looked at it a week ago but couldn't decide on a color. Chocolate or black? I dash out of the store with my new BLACK sig bag and don't take her out of the shopping/dustbag til late last night! OMG It's SATEEN! Now that's just misinformed! I can't believe when I tried her on and looked over every detail for loose stitches etc I DIDN'T NOTICE!!! Now ofcourse I'm worried about snagging. They had the sateen Carly too and the fabric is very rich looking but It may be a deal breaker for me? What are you guys thoughts on this. She certainly was not purchased with the intention of being an everyday bag. Weekends only! Let me know if you have and experinces with similiar Coach fabrics/products? Thanks! I had to get her quick as I "heard a rumor" that JAX was down to 35 a week ago and you know how the pesky legacy bags can elude you! I'll post pic's sometime today.:faint:

I didn't realize those were sateen either! I am in a similar quandry, actually. I love my new Sabrina, but that fabric! I am so scared of getting it snagged. Since it is a dark color and will be for occasional use I think you should be okay. :yes: Can't wait to see your pics!

Don't worry about what JAX said. Their numbers are unreliable and they give low estimates to encourage people to buy. In a few weeks there will be another order that mysteriously comes in to replenish. You can find plenty of threads of girls who bought becuase of the low number that JAX gave them only to find that there were more being made.

If you don't like the sateen, then don't get it. I personally am not a fan of the sateen because its not as durable. (or it seems that way) I would return it and put it towards something that you really love. You can always keep it for a while to decide. Let us know what you choose and I hope you find what you are looking for. They might come out with a regular jaquard sig style of it!

I totally understand your concerns. After initially hating it, lol, I just bought the graphic op art Sabrina, and so I'm also worried. However, I've never had a problem with the Legacy stripe linings or wallets/wristlets, etc. And they are pretty easy to clean, so I'm hoping this will be the case. I do worry about snagging too, and like you say, they are not every day bags! This was a big departure from my normal leather purchases, so we'll see! The other fabric bags I have are much tougher for sure!!