and another one bites the dust

thanks for all the great positive comments ladies! like i said before, you guys are the BEST! :yahoo:

i asked another SA if the color was GRENAT when i had called a while ago, but the SA said that they "don't use the french names" at balny and said it was bordeaux. however, it's a fall 06 bag/spring 07 so if i'm right in consulting atelier naff, it should actually be called grenat (i think).

daphne is amazing! she pulled out 6 cities in the grenat for me to look at, and a bunch of twiggys too. and when i was trying to decide between twiggy or city, she was being so sweet and giving me advice. and when i felt like i was taking too long to decide, and i apologized (i was there on lunch break too so i should have been in and out... haha) she wasn't annoyed at all but was laughing with me and said, "it's always like this when people come in to buy a bag. don't worry about it!"

the color is SO rich and deep! it's like the color of wine with such great variations. i picked one of the less veiny and shiny ones, but the color really goes with all neutrals, browns... everything!

I have a bordeaux from 05 and that bag you have is definitely the grenat. Yours has some of the best leather I've seen in that color - it really looks fabulous. I agree that the color is surprisingly versatile. It looks great with everything!

Congrats, amy! :yahoo: You did a great job picking out a beauty! :love:
I love grenat, and the color on yours looks so rich! I have one, too (and I'm also waiting on the sandstone!) :nuts: :graucho:

Congrats on a beautiful bag. I also have a grenat city and love it to pieces. It goes with everything.
By the way, did you happen to see the grenat box? How did it look. That is definately on my wish list so if I get a thumbs up from you, I may give BalNY a call today.
THX and congrats again!
:party:

Congrats on a beautiful bag. I also have a grenat city and love it to pieces. It goes with everything.
By the way, did you happen to see the grenat box? How did it look. That is definately on my wish list so if I get a thumbs up from you, I may give BalNY a call today.
THX and congrats again!
:party:

BalNY only had ONE grenat box so call quick! they also only had one cement/greige box, which was beautiful.

you might want to see her in person. the grenat box is nice, imho... i liked the leather on it better than on the cities, but when it comes down to it... although i love it when i see other girls carry it, and the box was the one i lusted after for so long, when i went down to really REALLY look at the bags, for me it's just too small. it doesn't make enough of a statement... grenat is such a gorgeous, rich color, i thikn it looks better on the larger bags. the box doesn't really fit enough of my junk, either! i have a commute every morning in to work on the subway, and i have to be able to at least fit a magazine into a bag for it to be useful for me. and when i go out, i don't carry anything except an ID so it doesn't work as a night bag for me.