Ancient Coin Jewelry

MBeech

memento mori
O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
Hey TPFers,

I was wondering if any of you have/love ancient coin jewelry pieces? I love the BVLGARI Monete Antiche collection which features ancient Greek silver coins set in gold. I have one pendant (not from Bvlgari), featuring a 4th century BCE Greek coin depicting Herakles in lion clad. The coin is set in a custom bezel that my jeweler made for me.

Here are some pics (please excuse the blurriness, I am still not sure how to use my camera properly:P):

dsc0139zt.jpg

dsc0138g.jpg

dsc0142i.jpg

Here is the back with a seated Zeus holding an eagle:
dsc0140f.jpg

Here you can see the beautiful detailing on the bezel (my jeweler did a really great job):
dsc0141s0.jpg

I would really love to see some pics of other ancient coin jewelry if you guys have any, please post ! :smile:

...... why oh WHY did you have to show me this! I've always loved coins, I love greek mythology, and almost bought a couple of ancient chinese coins but they were fake... where did you procure such an amazing coin??

Hey TPFers,

I was wondering if any of you have/love ancient coin jewelry pieces? I love the BVLGARI Monete Antiche collection which features ancient Greek silver coins set in gold. I have one pendant (not from Bvlgari), featuring a 4th century BCE Greek coin depicting Herakles in lion clad. The coin is set in a custom bezel that my jeweler made for me.

Here are some pics (please excuse the blurriness, I am still not sure how to use my camera properly:P):

dsc0139zt.jpg

dsc0138g.jpg

dsc0142i.jpg

Here is the back with a seated Zeus holding an eagle:
dsc0140f.jpg

Here you can see the beautiful detailing on the bezel (my jeweler did a really great job):
dsc0141s0.jpg

I would really love to see some pics of other ancient coin jewelry if you guys have any, please post ! :smile:
Your pieces are brilliant!