Anbody own / have the dimensions for the Legacy tote 12705? How do U like it??

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Hi guys, I'm away at the moment and discovered a potential problem with my new Legacy satchel around the stitching on the bottom! :sad: I have to make a decision whether to return this bag or not to the boutique, on my way back home on Monday. I'm also less than thrilled with the size of this bag (just too small for the type of bag)...oh and the leather, but that's a different issue, lol! I'm sure everyone knows by now I do NOT like this new leather.:P

Anyway...I'm determined to keep the amethyst color even though I do think the gray looks better because I absolutely LOVE the color...and LOVE the general style of the new Legacy bags!! So at this point I'm considered returning this one and getting the tote because of the size, if that one is a lot bigger. And yes, even though I know I'm going to complain constantly about the lack of structure, and the fact the leather doesn't look as thick because of the design of this bag compared to the satchel (hey, I'll put up with a LOT if I'm determined, lol! :P).

I'm also afraid with this thin leather that the bag will not hold up as well over time, so I really don't like the look of the stitching at the bottom corner...looks like it might come out. It's hard to describe and I can't post pics at the moment, but I guess it just might not have been sewn well at that spot, but I don't want to take the chance. :confused1: I haven't cut the tags off yet or carried it, so might as well deal with it now!

If anyone has the dimensions of the tote so that I will know whether to get that one or just exchange the satchel for another one, I would appreciate it! My other complaint about this line is that I would prefer the bags to be just a tiny tad bigger! Yes, I know...this statement coming from a person who has all 9 Bridgits...but this is just a different bag to me (i.e. different purpose)! :P How do you like your tote????

Thanks guys, and have a GREAT holiday weekend!!!

I don't have the Tote, but I tried it on and it was the only Legacy I was actually considering. It's a decent size, but IMO too small for a Tote - I wish it was a little larger myself. Here's what the website shows:

14 1/2” strap
10 1/2” drop
13 1/2 (L) x 10 ¼ (H) x 5 (W)

It's larger than most of the Gallery Totes - I find those just too small and I liked how it felt on my shoulder. While I like soft, slouchy leather, I'm not sure how it's going to look in this style after it breaks in although this isn't a super structured bag like a satchel so it might be ok. I agree that Amethyst color is fabulous!

I think the tote looks really good on Tara and maybe is a little bit bigger than the satchel by my obsevation. I know it fits nice over the shoulders. are you wanting the grey? There were purple totes that were pilots but they say that they did not make the tote in purple? At least thats waht Jax said when I asked!

I have the Legacy Leather Tote... I snapped some reference pics for you. First pic is the bag with it's stuffing, second is the bag with nothing inside and third is a size comparison pic with my Large Patent Zoe. The bag is very smooshy, which I like, because of the thinner leather. The dimensions are roughly 14" x 10" x 7". I measured it, maybe I'm wrong, or the Coach site is slightly off. They say it's 13.5" x 10.25" x 5". The strap drop is def 10.5" and sits very comfortably on the shoulder. This bag was my favorite out of the new Legacy line and I am in love. I had to have the gray, but wanted Ameythst too, so I ordered my accessories yesterday in that color, best of both worlds I guess. I'd say get the tote, but you have to get a bag you're going to be comfortable with. And have I mentioned that I love this bag? Good luck, hope this helps!

Attachments

• CoachTote.jpg
    CoachTote.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 73
  • CoachTote2.jpg
    CoachTote2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 78
  • CoachTote3.jpg
    CoachTote3.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 95
I purchased the tote in brown and I really like the size and shape. I wish the tote was made in the amethyst. The bag measures 13.5"X10.25"X5" and has a strap drop of 10.5". The bag is very ample but I don't think it is really a tote. I am a fluffy gal and find the drop to be very comfortable on my shoulder. I also purchased the satchel in amethyst and green and I am trying to make up my mind about those bags. I love both colors but I am not sure I need two. I will probably keep one and return the other. I wish they were made with the original Legacy leather but I don't hate the Garcia leather. If they don't hold up to use I will certainly be bringing them back.

Wow, you guys are so helpful! Thank you so much!!!

Ahhh...I didn't realize they don't have the amethyst tote, although I knew I didn't see that one at the boutiques. Yes, that's a problem. I definitely want the amethyst color, and I don't like the medium flap or top handle. I guess I'm stuck with the satchel!! Honestly, I really don't need the added size since some of my bags I keep packing materials in them as it is. At least my stuff fills up this bag. But I just feel the satchel is a little small for that type of bag (and money). I'll probably stick with that, though.

I'm not a huge gray bag person in general. I LOVE my clay Gigi. However, I'm really drawn to this color gray for some reason. I don't care for it as much on the Hamptons, so maybe I should try the gray Legacy tote. I'm sure the amethyst accessories will look great with it as well, and I won't have to buy another set. My only worry is the leather.

I feel so sad because I want to love this line because I love the styles (and the accessories are fab), but the leather just kills it for me. It's not even a matter of calling it something other than Legacy either... :sad:

Thanks again for the help, guys!!

Hey baglady..

I LOVE my tote! My measurements were approx. 14 x 10 x 5

The drop is perfect for me.

I am very pleased so far with the bag... The leather could be thicker but I do not mind the handles being thin.. it works for me because the thick handles like the Ali's don't want to stay on my shoulder.

I am so sorry... maybe you should take it back and exchange it for one just like it, at least the bottom may be different and ask to see a few so you can pick out the best looking one. My coach store knows me well and how picky I am... they probably hate seeing me some...lol!!!
I am also loving the Gray right now and the Gray Lindsay is my next bag... I think!