An RM Special Order..... Tokidoki Style!

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
So for those of you who aren't aware of what I'm calling the Great Basketweave Debacle of 2010... I'll have to fill you in later! (Sorry!)

I've been discussing charms with several of you today to use as an alternate for zipper pulls. RM says it will be 4 weeks or more to replace my o-rings on my BBW/gunmetal MAM and they don't seem to be in any rush to get the bag back in order to begin.. So I say forget it. Too many what ifs...I don't want to deal with it anymore.

So, I was looking at Juicy charms at Von Maur today. I bought a horseshoe....really cute but think I will return it. Because when I got home I found the perfect zipper pull!!

Most of you don't know this but my Tokidoki obsession is what brought me to TPF in the first place. I don't own any bags anymore (sold them all) but I still have a lot of tees, few pieces of jewelry and some figurines as well.

My favorite character was Adios, a grim reaper. I bought a really cute necklace a few years ago but get so much grief for it that I never wear it. Soooo I took the charm off and put it on as my zipper pull!! It's a perfect match and it's the same on both sides so it doesn't matter if it's flipped one way or the other. I love it!!!

Haven't decided what I will do with the other o-ring on the flap. But that one isn't so important. I may try and hunt another necklace down, not sure if I'll find one since it's a few years old but worth a try! I'm just glad I don't have to send my bag back now.....no more waiting!!!! Yahh!! :yahoo:

Sorry these are all the shots I have for now. I will take pics of the whole bag later. :yes:

2010_03100002.jpg

2010_03100001.jpg

Knas - that looks really cute! I'm so glad you found another alternative; waiting sucks and if you had to send it back in who knows how long it would have taken....

Cute knas...I like it. Now why can't RM send you the zipper pulls....then at some point you could maybe take them somewhere to have them put on? Just wondering. Seems like they could at least do that for you.

Great Basket-weave Debacle of 2010!!!! :roflmfao: I feel so sorry y'all, but I'm glad you can have a sense of humor about it! I don't know if I could.

I love the charm as a zipper pull and I think it's a great solution to a sticky problem. On a lighter note, at least from what I can see, I think the leather looks divine!!! :drool:

Thank you ladies!!! HGG, I didn't ask RM to send me zipper pulls. I was afraid that if I did and something else went wrong with the bag they'd deny liability because I'd had an outside source do modifications to the bag. I just didn't want to have to worry about that.

And just in case you all were wondering, Adios does not kill people. He was in fact, banished from his native land because he did not want to take lives. Ever since then he travels the world with his girlfriend, Ciao Ciao, encouraging everyone they meet to enjoy life and live it to the fullest. That's why I like him so much. (And I promise it's true, I didn't make that up! :P)

I *LOVE* Toki! I have quite a few vinyls and wearables. Tokidoki and other toy makers make actual zipper pulls too if you want more. They're often blind boxed items though. ah here it is, they're convertible phone straps too. cute

http://www.tokidoki.it/shop/tech/tokidoki-frenzies.html

I have a skelanimal zipper pull on my toki bag, now that i think of it lol it's a rubber flat material instead of being a 3D charm though. I think I got it at hot topic, they have little accessories like that as well. I want an Invader Zim one

Thank you ladies! I can't believe all this worrying I've done since last week and a perfect solution was in my jewelry box the whole time!

Nawth21 thanks for the link! I haven't visited the site in a long time. :smile:

I actually saw them at my local toy store, I just googled 'tokidoki zipper pull' and that was the first one that came up. I love cutesy stuff. I spend way too much time on shopkawaii.com lol