An LV pick me up and a quick Q

oh so lovely

Nov 6, 2006
Well I sold a bunch of stuff on the bay a month or so ago with the intent on buying myself a Delightful MM. As you know, there's been an LV shortage and I had not been able to get my hands on one for weeks. I kept checking the LV site and even called the 800 number, but no luck.

Then, being that I've been sick in bed all week with a bout of pneumonia, I had plenty of time to keep rechecking the LV site and one night this week the bag was actually available for purchase! I couldn't believe it, ordered it and held my breath - since the bag has not been available back on the site since that split second I saw it...

But Mr. Fedex came yesterday to my house with a big brown box and the bag is GORGEOUS in real life. So even though I may not be able to wear it out for the time being, it certainly dresses up my PJs! :smile:

Love the handle, but would like to protect the vachetta, especially now that the winter is upon us (I am usually a no-fuss damier girl). I wold love to perhaps cover it up with an Hermes twilly. My questions is, how many twillies do you think I would need. Is one enough, or when you account for the twist factor, do you think I would need two?

TIA

Sorry to hear you've been so ill, but what a lovely way to cheer yourself up! The Delightful is just that, you're going to love it. I think twillies would look amazing but I'm sure you'd need two at least - you have to tie them off somehow too!

Since it's brand new I'd also go to Lovin' My Bags and buy their For Handles Only to protect the vachetta, then even if oils and moisture do get through to the handles beneath the twilly it's still protected, otherwise with the handle covered up you might not realise it's still being affected under there. Plus if part of the vachetta becomes exposed whilst being carried then the patina or mark from moisture that develops there could appear as a twisty shaped mark on the vachetta if you see what I mean! Of course you'd take them off to wash now and then and would check but once you've seen it already occurring it's too late. The stuff is only really cheap anyway and then your precious vachetta is bombproof!

Thanks FrankieP for the vote of confidence and the idea to protect the leather even under the silk! What exactly is the product you are recommending - is it a cream I'd rub into the leather? Thanks!

Oh hope you get well soon!! Congrats on your new Delightful!! I would use the For Handles Only too which is a cream that you should lightly rub in the fresh vachetta. To me though, the Delightful looks great with the vachetta strap exposed!

I have followed the advice of Docride over in the reference section of the Hermes forum. The thread is called Vintage Bag Nightmares and she is an expert on leather care. For brand new vachetta she recommends Obenaufs LP for waterproofing and protecting against dirt (and oils from your hands, I presume). I bought some and used it and I couldn't be happier. It is a beeswax product rather than an oil, which she says will damage the leather in time. The Obenaufs doesn't change the color at all. I don't know about other products but you might check out her loooong thread or just search for Obenaufs. There is a lot of advice on this forum but I found hers to be the most informative. Congratulations on your new Delightful!