An LV Horror Story!

Jun 6, 2010
So my friend told me the other day that a friend of his had bought a fake LV bag, and there was something wrong with the handles or something (I forget what the exact problem was). So she took it to an LV boutique, and they said, "sure, no problem, we'll replace that for you!" And they gave her a brand NEW bag!

Now I don't know if this is actually possible, or just exaggerated in any way, but the thought of them maybe reselling that bag??? Or even just the fact that they gave her a brand new one without realizing she gave them a fake???

Have you ever heard any stories like this?

Oh dear, please tell me this is not real? I've heard stories of how department stores SAs took in fake items for returns and not even realizing it was fake until it was too late.

I would need a lot more proof than hear say...if you had seen it with your own eyes then that would be different. Maybe they bought the fake bag and want to convince you its real so they said LV gave them a real bag so people would think its now a real bag. For an exchange to happen a manager would have had to look at the bag. There are some really high quailty replicas but they never get everything right and if it was so high end that it looked almost exactly the same then the handles prob wouldn't have been messed up in the first place. Nothing is impossiable but I think your friend is fibbing on this one.

So a friend told a friend who told you.... ;) I would be skeptical. And rest assured, it wouldn't get resold anyway- even on the chance that this actually happened.

my thought is that its unlikely, unlikely she'd be given a new one, I cant imagine they would just hand her a new bag? without first having to look at an original receipt, proof of purchase, or checking out the computer. Regardless if what your 'friend' is saying is in the slightest bit true, then what she did was steal. Shes also a scam/con.
Seriously if you cant afford the bag.. buy something else. :shrugs::huh:

my thought is that its unlikely, unlikely she'd be given a new one, I cant imagine they would just hand her a new bag? without first having to look at an original receipt, proof of purchase, or checking out the computer. Regardless if what your 'friend' is saying is in the slightest bit true, then what she did was steal. Shes also a scam/con.

You are so correct. I don't believe the friends story. You would definitely need proof of purchase such as a receipt to exchange, refund or store credit. They also verify your purchase in their computer system.

So my friend told me the other day that a friend of his had bought a fake LV bag, and there was something wrong with the handles or something (I forget what the exact problem was). So she took it to an LV boutique, and they said, "sure, no problem, we'll replace that for you!" And they gave her a brand NEW bag!

Now I don't know if this is actually possible, or just exaggerated in any way, but the thought of them maybe reselling that bag??? Or even just the fact that they gave her a brand new one without realizing she gave them a fake???

Have you ever heard any stories like this?

Friend of a friend story? Yup, if true, it's an clear scam.

Sounds like fishing to me.