An LV experience for the book. Awful.

That's horrible! I'm sorry that you have a boyfriend who has the balls to talk to you like that, especially in front of people! Has he done something like this before? It sounds like he has no respect for you or your feelings. If you were on the verge of dumping him before, go with your gut and dump this loser. Do not let a man (in this case, a boy) belittle you and make you feel like you're worthless. You work hard for your money and pay for your own things, so you deserve to buy yourself a treat.

that's an awful, AWFUL thing to say :wtf:, and even more so in public :mad:. who gives a :censor: what your boyfriend thinks? if he has the gall to think that about you, it may be because he thinks that of himself too, like if he can't afford it, so neither should you.

if you like it just buy it anyway, whether it costs $200 or $20000. it's your money and you can't spend it any way you like, thankyouverymuch.

vsminimoose said:
This one will make your skin crawl, and I have already cried all my tears over it anyways.

My boyfriend and I were at the Soho Boutique last week looking at bags and I was preparing to purchase a small item. The Green Perfo Cles. When my boyfriend saw how much it was he flipped out and proceeded to tell me in front of everyone and the SA that "Hunny, you don't get it, this store isnt for people like you...you can't afford that, it's for rich people who can afford a $200 key chain"

The SA gave me the most "I feel sorry for you" look I have ever seen in my life.

First off. I'm 24. Live in Manhattan. Have a good paying job. Pay for my OWN apartment, bills, everything. I am buying this with my own money and not w/ a CC either. And he tells me this. Keep in mind I'm already on the verge of breaking up with him over other things but this is icing on the cake. I have never been one to let anyone make me feel like I don't deserve what I want, but that day I felt as small as a flea. I never did by the damn cles.

I have never felt "below" anything in my life....but he made me feel like total crap...all over a Louis Vuitton too.:crybaby:

two words: dump. him.

I am SO sorry that happened in front of others when this should have been a fun moment for you in LV! What a jerk! I hope you guys were able to chat about that afterward, since that was SO inappropriate... if you were already thinking about dumping him, this would probably tip me over from thinking to doing it... good luck. You deserve better treatment!!

That is absolutely disgusting how he think he can treat someone like that and not have any consequences....that is total BS...:cursing:

If it was a perfect situation, I would've ranted all that you just said at him, dumped his sorry ass, and then bought the cles...but I don't think I could've kept my composure after that...so sorry this happened, and hope you get what you want, a Nice guy and a Nice Cles...:heart:

I agree totally with all the posts that say to dump him. That was a very hurtful and mean thing to say, and somewhat malicious as well. And, I might add, a glimpse into your future should you make the fatal mistake of staying with him. That comment of his revealed a lot about his lack of understanding of who you are, and most important, it was MEAN. RUN!! I am not kidding...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that *hug*
A similar thing has happened to me before with my ex-boyfriend. I wanted to go into Chanel to look at the cambon wallet I was saving for and he started saying to me loudly when I told him the price: "What?! Is this made out a gold? Tell me there are diamonds on this thing, how can you justify spending that on a wallet? If you ever bought that I wouldn't be able to stay with you"
Which is why part of the reason why he is my ex:yes:

Don't ever let people put you down and make you feel about about what you love.

omgg that is awful!

Who in their right mind would say that? Im sure a man of his age (and maturity) should have learnt by now when to hold his tongue, if he had to SAY IT, then couldnt he have at LEAST waited until you had left the store?
Horrible! urghh. this is a bad one! i agree..