An I being too fussy

KellyCoCo

Jan 7, 2013
I got my gst Saturday however I have noticed a thread isn't perfectly sewed like the rest.

I appreciate nothing will ever be perfect and I just want my mind put to rest. Would this bother you.

5420D296-BD0B-410A-920B-740B0B119E26-3693-0000027A71473A08.jpg

37FB5F39-F3D5-4754-A1CB-ED4FF253E65D-3693-0000027AD32BE19A.jpg

I don't think you're being anal..that would bug me too..I would settle for nothing less than perfection w/ the price of these bags now...maybe it wouldn't bother some people but it does you and me!! Will you take it back?

I don't think you're being anal..that would bug me too..I would settle for nothing less than perfection w/ the price of these bags now...maybe it wouldn't bother some people but it does you and me!! Will you take it back?

I'm only worried that I will unravel :/ if I knew it would be ok I'd be fine with it.

It looks fine from the front. The only reason I noticed this was when I wore it yesterday I looked down to check her out whilst holding her in my hand, an it look darker in that area were the cotton was poking out a little more than the rest. So I went an investigated that area more closely.

93990AA5-7990-4B23-8B27-FF7B4F9BCA68-3838-00000284F678924C.jpg

6432857F-1477-489A-82FF-B10CCFD3FC00-3838-00000284EF3B604D.jpg

E45D0245-D576-4EE9-BBA0-91C029BED3C6-3838-00000284E725FD44.jpg

Thanks for the pics!! Your bag is really gorgeous!
It seems the thread was lifted up a bit... I doubt it will unravel... Honestly, if it bothers you too much you may wanna exchange it... but for me I won't really mind... since from the front it looks really good... and eventhough my bag can arrive to me flawless... Being the clumsy old me and with daily use... I pose more danger to my bag :S ... hahaha!!!

I don't think you're being fussy, we want what we want.
I will say that I can't see it when you backed away and showed us the front of bag.

I would say yes you are, This is one reason why Chanel is getting a bad rap the area that you have pointed out is the very top of where the C starts and looking at the 2 bags I have they have that same fault, it is very hard to sew out a C on a machine with out having the bag turn a little. Like one person said when you backed away with the camera you don't notice it so enjoy your bag because I very serious doubt you will find a perfect bag that doesn't have that little flaw.

I would say yes you are, This is one reason why Chanel is getting a bad rap the area that you have pointed out is the very top of where the C starts and looking at the 2 bags I have they have that same fault, it is very hard to sew out a C on a machine with out having the bag turn a little. Like one person said when you backed away with the camera you don't notice it so enjoy your bag because I very serious doubt you will find a perfect bag that doesn't have that little flaw.

This is why I felt anxious over it because of people saying it has gone down hill. I don't believe in perfect, even the bags that don't have this issue possible have something else but it's hidden in the lining etc. I'm glad you have said yours have the same issue it has put my mind to rest.

I really ain't a fussy knit picker. My recently purchased mulberry bag has a dent in one of the leather handles an it doesn't bother me. But with this being a thread I was a little more unsure.

Always good to get a second opinion.

Thanks people.

i once bought a reissue w the stitching raised up like yours. i thought it will bejust fine so i use my bag for serveral days and noctice not one but more stitching has gotten loose and raised up, so i took my bag to exchange for a new one because im afraid the stitch will catch on my jewelry or other stuff then it will get even worse.

I just recently bought a GST, too. I think there are details in the bag that I would once ignore, but now drive me crazy since I started reading about the caviar quality drop... I can only tell you I would totally ignore the small stitch before, but now I would probably keep it pristine in the box, and wait for new shipment in the boutique to compare and exchange. Which is what I'm doing now... since I'm not totally happy with the leather and for $2900 I have to make sure it's what I want!

My GST is exacly like this, in several different places. It did really used to bother me but there´s not much you can do about. You´ve spent a lot of money so I understand if you want to return it. Just be vary that many GSTs have the same problem.

Since you are not happy, return it and find one without that problem. It will give you a peace of mind, especially because they are so expensive. I don't see the problem when you zoom away, but ultimately, you are the one wearing the bag so if the owner isn't happy, you should exchange.