An Hermes Scarf for Mothers Day

admat97

AHS...Yes!
O.G.
Jan 1, 2008
Hello everyone! I'm thinking about getting my mom a beautiful scarf for Mothers Day and after perusing hermes.com, I did a search on eBay. Do you think it would be safe to purchase Hermes on eBay?? TIA Deborah :flowers:

Hello everyone! I'm thinking about getting my mom a beautiful scarf for Mothers Day and after perusing hermes.com, I did a search on eBay. Do you think it would be safe to purchase Hermes on eBay?? TIA Deborah :flowers:

Have a look at the last few pages of the authenticate thread in the Hermes Shopping subforum....

there are legitimate sellers of Hermes scarves on ebay, but you are not always certain to get a box, etc., and a good percentage of the scarves are previously loved (used)....but there are sometimes new ones and sometimes deals to be had. You must get a second opinion by posting in that thread, however.

since time is short, i recommend purchasing a scarf directly from Hermes or hermes.com if possible. If a 90cm carre is not in your budget, perhaps a 70 cm or a pochette would be nice.

you are very sweet to think of Hermes for Mom, good luck in your search.

Before you hit BIN or bid for an item, be sure to run it through the ladies in the Authenticate This! thread. They know their stuff :tup:

What a beautiful, thoughtful gift for your Mom!!!! There are so many lovely Hermes scarves out there....keep us posted on which one you choose!

you're so sweet !!!
a scarf wld be a great gift ! Do consider the pointus as well, it's made in a very soft fabric, and there's not too much material (triangle shape) so very managable if your mum is not used to wearing scarves
:smile:

I would advise you to purchase directly from Hermes; either from a store or via Hermes.com.

There are so many fake scarves,it is not worth your time or effort to bother with Ebay.
I am sure there will be a round of protests to my advice; but since you do not seem to be searching for anything vintage or rare, why take the risk?

I got my mom a GM cashmere shawl for her birthday, and she was so thrilled !!! A scarf is a beautiful gift too... I am sure your mom will be in heaven !

I would buy a scarf on ebay for myself, but for a gift to my mom, I'd go to the store....
Besides the perfect gift packaging, ribbons everywhere and small catalog....you'll get the possibility of an exchange for your mom if she prefers another color....

admat, what a sweet gift for your Mom.:smile:

I would recommend going to the nearest boutique or
ordering from Hermes.com

If you see something on ebay you like, you
can always go on the authenticate this Hermes
thread here before you place a bid.

Thank you so much everyone!!

Unfortunately my nearest boutique is about 3 1/2 hours away. I will need to shop online. It's so difficult for me to visualize as I am a "touchy, feely" type of person. An Hermes carre' is like a work of art. I am looking for that perfect "piece". My Mom deserves something very special this Mother's Day.

i'd suggest ordering from hermes.com instead of ebay.
like perlerare, if it was for myself, i don't mind getting scarves from ebay, but as a gift for my mom, i'd rather purchase directly from hermes.

good luck with your search...you're a really sweet and thoughtful daughter:yes:

I would go directly to H or the website.. it seems there are not many great deals to be had on ebay these days...and also she can exchange it if need be. That's a lovely gift idea and I'm sure she will be thrilled.