An even tan without tan lines... POSSIBLE or NOT?

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    I have some awful bikini tan lines from this summer and I need to get rid of it asap! I'm looking to get an even tan WITHOUT ANY tan lines. Is this possible?

Has anyone ever gone into a tanning bed without any clothing? Sounds unsanitary...but I'm desperate for an even tan :nogood:

2. Yes, I use a tanning booth multiple times a week, in the nude. I have used tanning beds nude too. The beds are cleaned between visits...you could also clean it yourself if you're worried.
    I don't think UV tanning is a good option for someone who's in a hurry though. Too easy to burn if you rush it.

On a side note...I use tanning beds as my main source of vitamin D and I've been doing it for about a year...my nails are a lot stronger than they used to be a year ago!! :smile: and my moods improved too. I get a mood boost from tanning that I don't get from vitamin D pills. I love it.

3. #3 Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    Kaleida, do you put sunscreen on certain parts to prevent burning? Some areas have never seen sunlight ever... if you know what I mean.

I have never gone tanning in a bed before. Thanks for clarifying the cleaning part... I think I will scrub that machine down before I go in lol

4. I don't, but I worked up to it very slowly. It works best if you go at the same pace as your palest/most sensitive area...start with just a couple of minutes. If you can do 2 minutes twice a week for a week or two without any burns, try 3 minutes twice a week for the next week or two. Add only 1 minute per week - and only if you don't burn on your most sensitive area. If you do burn, take some extra time off and use fewer minutes next time.

note a tanning bed burn will feel more subtle than a sunburn - like skin warmth/pinkness/tightness that lasts for a few hours. It won't be bright red like sunburn but it's still a sign it was too much.

This isn't a good option if you're in a hurry, it's more of a long-term thing...I think fake tanning lotion is a better idea if you're in a hurry.