An emotional night about life- READ

hi megs...it must have been so hard to see what you saw happen to that man. the poor man and his family. i hope he makes a full and quick recovery.

i'm a nicu nurse. it just amazes me how these fragile little babies become stronger. i was a primary nurse to one baby...he just went home last week. he was born at 26 weeks, weighing 2+ lbs. i took care of him since he was 3 days old...he was in the hospital for exactly 100 days, and had many step backs while he was with us...he was almost 8 lbs when he went home and completely healthy. these little babies are such miracles.

hope you're feeling better!

Sometimes it takes seeing those things to remind us of how blessed life is...I hope that your little heart is ok! It was a big day, it sounds like...I have sent up a prayer for both of them (and you, too!)

(((((HUGS))))) to you Megs!!!
It always amazes me as one person is passing there is always a new life entering the world.
I can imagine how emotional that would be ecspecially in such a short time.
I will keep the newborn baby and you in my thought and prayers.

That was a very thoughtful post, Megs.

My moment like that came last July 24. My father died at the same hospital in which I gave birth to my daughter eight years earlier. I can't help but think about the "circle of life".

I think it's important for everyone to have day like yours and mine. It really shows us how important this life is and that we need to be so thankful for all the blessings we have... big and small!

hope you feel better now! i'm sure i'd have gone through a serious life-thinking session, hiding in my room! but think from the good side - they are now getting the care they need to make them healthy!

It's moments like those that make you realize how fragile life really is... and how important it is that we cherish it and appreciate it and enjoy it and everyone in our lives. Because in a blink of the eye you or a loved one can be gone forever physically from this earth. I had my own brush with death and it really made me see my life in a totally different light. (((((Hugs)))) Megs! I will keep you and both families in my prayers...

I hope that you are feeling better! It's hard to go from the excitement of seeing a new life to the fear of death, but I think that experiencing all of that will give you a new appreciation of your own life. I'll be thinking of both of them!

Thanks all :flowers: I somewhat feel like it was some sort of life lesson- life is precious at all ends of the spectrum, ya know?

Could not have said it any better. So true, Megs! What an intense day for sure...very moving for me as well.

Hugs and prayers to everyone,
Pursegrrl :heart::heart::heart: