An Embarrassing Introduction by a "Newbie"

karat-top

Jan 1, 2009
Hi All!

I have been "lurking" on the Chanel forum for about two weeks now, and I'm finally ready to come out of hiding. ;)

Now that I have found this forum... studied up... and learned a few things, I am now ready to admit what a Chanel dork I was, not that long ago.

A couple of years ago, I bought a Paris Biarritz large tote (thanks to the reference library for helping me actually give this love a proper name) because it has two pockets on the outside... great for baby bottles. I completely fell in love with it. I then decided to buy a smaller bag for myself. I found a silver lambskin quilted bowler bag (again... thank you reference library) at the NM in Troy and bought it from everyone's favorite SA... Lisa. :tup: I was in complete and udder love until the ride home...

The is when the self-proclaimed dork took a closer look at the tag and read... "camera bag." What???:confused1: This is a camera bag???:confused1: I'm not even in to photography!!! I didn't even buy an actual purse... I had bought a bag to store a camera and film in? :shrugs: My love affair quickly faded, and kept the bag on my closet shelf most of the time, only pulling it out a few times when I knew no one familiar with Chanel would see me. Heaven forbid someone see me using a camera bag as a purse.

(Pause for all of your laughter. :roflmfao:)

As if this wasn't bad enough... the next time I went up to Troy and ran in to Lisa, she asked if I was enjoying my bag, and I told her I hadn't realized it was a camera bag... and that I didn't really want to store my camera in it. :rolleyes: Somehow, she didn't even crack a smile as she explained to me the "styles" of the bags... and showed me some of the other bags known as camera bags. I felt soooo much better... and celebrated by buying a black large modern chain tote.

On the way home, it hit me... maybe I could find some information on Chanel bags on the Internet... and low and behold... I found TPF!!!:yahoo:

I have been having soooo much fun just reading up, and learning from all of you. I've even bought four more purses over the last few weeks. A grey PST, a black wrist (ankle bracelet), a small beige cambon tote, and another tote I still have to find out the name for in the reference library.

Now, I'm working on getting some pictures of my Chanel bags to post on the forums.

Once again, I just wanted to let you all know how nice you make it for us newbies.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer and :welcome2:

What a great story, thanks for sharing! Congratulations on your purchases; looking forward to your pictures.

Enjoy your stay!

Love your story. It's so cute & it definitely cracked me up :roflmfao: I'm glad that you can use your "camera bag" with pride now :smile: & congrats on your new Chanels. Can't wait to see pics. Welcome to TPF Jennifer !!! :smile:

I love your story because (full disclosure) I thought the same thing for a long time! I saw a gorgeous light green camera case on ebay and didn't buy it because I thought the exact same thing as you!!

Welcome to TPF!

:roflmfao::roflmfao: Oh bless you. Thank you for your story. You have made me feel better. I am a real newbie to Chanel ( normally hiding in LV & RM ). I am trying to learn the names and match them to the bags. I FEEL YOUR PAIN :shame: !!!! LOL

1 newbie to another, what would you recommend as a 1st bag. I like the style of the GST but when I saw it IRL, it just didn't grab me, KWIM ? :confused1:

It would be great to see any pic's. :tup: