An Embarrassing Introduction by a "Newbie"

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi All!

I have been "lurking" on the Chanel forum for about two weeks now, and I'm finally ready to come out of hiding. ;)

Now that I have found this forum... studied up... and learned a few things, I am now ready to admit what a Chanel dork I was, not that long ago.

A couple of years ago, I bought a Paris Biarritz large tote (thanks to the reference library for helping me actually give this love a proper name) because it has two pockets on the outside... great for baby bottles. I completely fell in love with it. I then decided to buy a smaller bag for myself. I found a silver lambskin quilted bowler bag (again... thank you reference library) at the NM in Troy and bought it from everyone's favorite SA... Lisa. :tup: I was in complete and udder love until the ride home...

The is when the self-proclaimed dork took a closer look at the tag and read... "camera bag." What???:confused1: This is a camera bag???:confused1: I'm not even in to photography!!! I didn't even buy an actual purse... I had bought a bag to store a camera and film in? :shrugs: My love affair quickly faded, and kept the bag on my closet shelf most of the time, only pulling it out a few times when I knew no one familiar with Chanel would see me. Heaven forbid someone see me using a camera bag as a purse.

(Pause for all of your laughter. :roflmfao:)

As if this wasn't bad enough... the next time I went up to Troy and ran in to Lisa, she asked if I was enjoying my bag, and I told her I hadn't realized it was a camera bag... and that I didn't really want to store my camera in it. :rolleyes: Somehow, she didn't even crack a smile as she explained to me the "styles" of the bags... and showed me some of the other bags known as camera bags. I felt soooo much better... and celebrated by buying a black large modern chain tote.

On the way home, it hit me... maybe I could find some information on Chanel bags on the Internet... and low and behold... I found TPF!!!:yahoo:

I have been having soooo much fun just reading up, and learning from all of you. I've even bought four more purses over the last few weeks. A grey PST, a black wrist (ankle bracelet), a small beige cambon tote, and another tote I still have to find out the name for in the reference library.

Now, I'm working on getting some pictures of my Chanel bags to post on the forums.

Once again, I just wanted to let you all know how nice you make it for us newbies.

Jennifer

2. Oh Jennifer, love that story about the camera bag!! Brilliant!

3. Hi Jennifer and :welcome2:

What a great story, thanks for sharing! Congratulations on your purchases; looking forward to your pictures.

Enjoy your stay!

4. awww.... your story is too cute! Welcome! These ladies will make you an expert in no time.

5. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Welcome to the forum, Jennifer!

6. Love your story. It's so cute & it definitely cracked me up :roflmfao: I'm glad that you can use your "camera bag" with pride now :smile: & congrats on your new Chanels. Can't wait to see pics. Welcome to TPF Jennifer !!! :smile:

7. :roflmfao: Love the camera bag story.
    can't wait to see your pictures!

8. Your story is too cute. I've been a Chanel fan for awhile, but I still consider myself a newbie. :wlae:

9. What a cute story! Welcome Jennifer!

10. Hi Jennifer.
    Big welcome to you.

11. Welcome ! TPF is not only informative & it always bring me lots of :lol: too! Congrats & can't wait to see your loot!

12. :woohoo: good story!

13. Loved your story, karat-top and a really warm welcome to tPF!

14. I love your story because (full disclosure) I thought the same thing for a long time! I saw a gorgeous light green camera case on ebay and didn't buy it because I thought the exact same thing as you!!

Welcome to TPF!

15. :roflmfao::roflmfao: Oh bless you. Thank you for your story. You have made me feel better. I am a real newbie to Chanel ( normally hiding in LV & RM ). I am trying to learn the names and match them to the bags. I FEEL YOUR PAIN :shame: !!!! LOL

1 newbie to another, what would you recommend as a 1st bag. I like the style of the GST but when I saw it IRL, it just didn't grab me, KWIM ? :confused1:

It would be great to see any pic's. :tup: