An ebay seller told me this: Is it true?

When I asked if she just didn't know where to look that it should have one. She came back at me with a snarky comment. Said "you don't know what you're talking about. I worked at Louie (yes she spelled it that way) for two four years (not sure if she meant two or four.. lol).. If you have a problem with that don't buy it plain and simple"

I was not hateful when I commented on her item (its on Poshmark so everyone can see what she is saying). Seems she was awfully quick to jump to the defensive.

So I did a little digging and I told her that 1. I wasn't trying to stir up trouble I wasjust asking a simple question and that 2. LouiS Vuitton did start using date codes in the late 1980s so a pochette from the 2000s definitely should have one. And I did also inform her that there are fakes that have date codes.

Which I do remember my cousin having a fake speedy she used to tote her art supplies in a few years back that did have one.

I would definitely walk away from this one!!

When I asked if she just didn't know where to look that it should have one. She came back at me with a snarky comment. Said "you don't know what you're talking about. I worked at Louie (yes she spelled it that way) for two four years (not sure if she meant two or four.. lol).. If you have a problem with that don't buy it plain and simple"

I was not hateful when I commented on her item (its on Poshmark so everyone can see what she is saying). Seems she was awfully quick to jump to the defensive.

So I did a little digging and I told her that 1. I wasn't trying to stir up trouble I wasjust asking a simple question and that 2. LouiS Vuitton did start using date codes in the late 1980s so a pochette from the 2000s definitely should have one. And I did also inform her that there are fakes that have date codes.

Which I do remember my cousin having a fake speedy she used to tote her art supplies in a few years back that did have one.

Is there any way you can report her, so hopefully no one will fall victim & buy her (most likely) fake??

I wrote to an ebay seller who I noticed had a "no returns" policy. I asked if they guarnteed authenticity (I figured if it was fake and they said that they accept returns only if not authentic that I'd have more protection...IDK!) anyway, this was her response:

"Hi, louis vuitton has a special dept. that checks all the lv's listed on ebay and if they determine they are not real they have ebay remove the listing. thanks for asking."

I don't feel comfortable buying from her, it felt like she was dodging my question. Is what she told me even true? Thanks TPFers!:biggrin:

I don't know if the person is intentionally lying. Fakes DO get removed from eBay but not by LV, it's by dedicated TPF users who flag the fakes! LV did sue eBay because so many fakes were being sold and maybe the seller just assumed that LV was responsible for removing them when it is really policed by eBay users.

I don't know if the person is intentionally lying. Fakes DO get removed from eBay but not by LV, it's by dedicated TPF users who flag the fakes! LV did sue eBay because so many fakes were being sold and maybe the seller just assumed that LV was responsible for removing them when it is really policed by eBay users.

That's a good point. Thank you for that perspective! The alma looks real to me (I used to have one so I'm pretty confident in my assessment.) I decided to order a brand new bag (went with azur speedy 35)

I wrote to an ebay seller who I noticed had a "no returns" policy. I asked if they guarnteed authenticity (I figured if it was fake and they said that they accept returns only if not authentic that I'd have more protection...IDK!) anyway, this was her response:

"Hi, louis vuitton has a special dept. that checks all the lv's listed on ebay and if they determine they are not real they have ebay remove the listing. thanks for asking."

I don't feel comfortable buying from her, it felt like she was dodging my question. Is what she told me even true? Thanks TPFers!:biggrin:
That is so not true. My sister sold her Artsy on EBay and it was never previewed by a LV store before she sold it. Sounds like a load of crap.