An attempt to do the right thing goes weird...

Schientist

Schientist
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
I purchased a Coach purse off Ebay recently for a pretty good price. The seller had mostly good feedback, with a couple people mentioning poor communication, but mostly good reviews on the products.

The purse is just fine. I received it one evening, looked it over, and then set it down and walked away.

The next day, I went to throw away the packaging, and it seemed too heavy. I looked inside, and sure enough, there was a beautiful, apparently new Coach wallet inside. I thought that surely that was WAY to nice to be a thank you gift to go along with my purse, so I checked the sellers past sales. Sure enough, on the same day the auction closed on my purse, an auction closed on this wallet as well.

As tempting as it obviously was to keep the wallet, :graucho:, I contacted the seller immediately thru ebay messages to say that I'd gotten my purse, and was surprised to see a wallet inside, and did the seller want me to send it back?

I got an *immediate* response saying yes, thank you, that they'd been searching for it, and she'd be glad to reimburse my time/postage, to please let them know when I mailed it out.

I responded right back and asked whether they wanted it shipped in a box or bubble mailer, and to please send me an address to mail to. (I wanted confirmation of the right place to send it, but also had already thrown away the box with the return address on it.)

I didn't hear anything back. More than 24 hrs later, I sent another email saying that I wasn't sure they'd gotten my first response, still needed to know an address to send to.

No response to that one either.

Soooo... I let them know on the 24th that I had it... now it's the 27th... is that weird or what?

Can you pull her contact info from Ebay?

Just think of all the good karma points you are racking up on this! :woohoo:

Perhaps she misread your original message (she must have been frantic----I know I would have been) and thought that you were telling her you would be returning it. I know that I am super busy with work right now and I often can't get online until very late at night.

Can you pull her contact info from Ebay?

Just think of all the good karma points you are racking up on this! :woohoo:

Perhaps she misread your original message (she must have been frantic----I know I would have been) and thought that you were telling her you would be returning it. I know that I am super busy with work right now and I often can't get online until very late at night.

Well, thanks- definitely not trying to brag on myself here, but hey... we can all use good karma, yes?

I went back and re-read my messages to her, and I think they're pretty clear, but having sent two... I dunno. If it were me, I'd have read that second one, at least...

As far as pulling her info from Ebay, I confess I'm not sure how to do that without having had a case filed. Also, what if it's the wrong address? I know sometimes people don't update their addresses... would be nice to have some sort of confirmation before I send a pricey item off into the void, if you kwim. I don't want my good intentions to turn into some sort of future "what the heck did you do with my item" debate.

There's not much more you can do unless you want to hand deliver it, lol! I can't believe she hasn't got back with you! She better hurry and claim it (again!), a lot of people wouldn't have been so honest.

Well, thanks- definitely not trying to brag on myself here, but hey... we can all use good karma, yes?

I went back and re-read my messages to her, and I think they're pretty clear, but having sent two... I dunno. If it were me, I'd have read that second one, at least...

As far as pulling her info from Ebay, I confess I'm not sure how to do that without having had a case filed. Also, what if it's the wrong address? I know sometimes people don't update their addresses... would be nice to have some sort of confirmation before I send a pricey item off into the void, if you kwim. I don't want my good intentions to turn into some sort of future "what the heck did you do with my item" debate.
I think you should send another email and then wait for the seller to contact you. I hope the seller is okay.

So, good news- she finally emailed me her address! She didn't tell me how to send it though, which amused me... obviously not a careful email reader. ;)
It will be put in the mail tomorrow.

I'm not sure whether to hope my return postage gets refunded though... we shall see! :smile: