An attempt to do the right thing goes weird...

Wow. Good for you on returning the wallet but you should have had the seller send you shipping money prior to returning it so you wouldn't get stuck like you are now. I personally would message the buyer of the wallet and tell them what happened. Leave negative feedback.

So... quick update...

I checked the seller's account again today and she has received a negative fb for the wallet from the buyer, saying that it took over a month to receive and that the seller was unresponsive to communications and collegiality.

That confirms that she did receive the wallet, sent it to the buyer, and still has not acknowledged my postage request in any way.

Does this change anyone's previously stated opinions re: feedback or path forward? I still have a couple weeks to figure out what to do.

Thanks!

Like others have said, neg on this. This just proves she's an @$$hole. :blah:

And yet again, thanks, everyone!

I think in this case, neg it is. I was willing to give benefit of the doubt, but she clearly received the wallet, logged into Ebay to get the address, and mailed it off.

Pretty ridiculous.

And yet again, thanks, everyone!

I think in this case, neg it is. I was willing to give benefit of the doubt, but she clearly received the wallet, logged into Ebay to get the address, and mailed it off.

Pretty ridiculous.

Oh yeah, definitely neg. Definitely.

I always hate it when human nature does not show itself to be as admirable as I believe it to be. :nogood: In these instances I always tell myself, 'Remember, you did the right thing. You extended generosity to a stranger because you believe that all people have goodness in them. You should not feel bad about this.'

She should leave a neutral then because she got the bag she wanted and the bag itself was as described and well. KWIM?

OP did the right thing, but I don't think it's fair to leave a negative because part of the transaction was fine which was she received the bag she wanted and it was good. Neutral though because the seller didn't refund the shipping costs. If the seller was rude in her messages and/or the bag wasn't as described that's when she should leave a negative.

Nope, I would grade the overall transaction. Overall if she is out $$$ becasue of the sellers mistake and lies I would let the net buyer beware.