An article from someone who obviously doesn't like scarves

kenzie1980

Patina in progress
Feb 14, 2008
I so CANNOT relate:

She has taken the sensible path of perpetual blondeness, which I also intend to cling to till I pop my clogs, but in the quest for power she's also taken on that dreadful robe of office, the Hermes scarf and its near relations.

The nearly old - and the old already - wear them softly knotted and draped, as she did last week, over boring tailored suits. They are a declaration that if glamour must be denied them, or their old suit hasn't worn out yet, at least they can spend a fortune on a square of rag with pictures on it.

Then, God forbid, they take to poking pearl necklaces underneath them.
The square scarf is a strange thing with no legitimate function other than conferring blandness on all who wear it.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4498690a1861.html

Ah well, more for us! It's strange that someone can be so venomous towards a scarf, a pashmina, or a string of pearls. They're not the sole preserve of maiden aunts. She mustn't have had very nice aunts!

That person obviously has some serious problems, but instead of facing them, she focus the energy on something else and this is the result. I feel bad for her, hope she gets her problems sorted out. :sad:

That person obviously has some serious problems, but instead of facing them, she focus the energy on something else and this is the result. I feel bad for her, hope she gets her problems sorted out. :sad:
I totally agree. Furthermore, she must have no love of art or understanding of color used to such perfection, if she cannot appreciate an H scarf.

Am I the only one that found the article hilarious? :roflmfao:

And to be honest, most of the time I see middle aged or older women wearing the hermes type of silk scarf, but I see more and more 20-30 s wearing them as well. It seems to be catching on with a younger and younger crowd here at least.

It doesen't matter though. Everyone wear what they like. What you wear will not change your personality.

This is what I've been wearing today, celebrating my 45th birthday, having lunch at my favorite beach restaurant!

Attachments

• DSC09984_1_2.jpg
    DSC09984_1_2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 247