An article from someone who obviously doesn't like scarves

kenzie1980

Patina in progress
Feb 14, 2008
I so CANNOT relate:

She has taken the sensible path of perpetual blondeness, which I also intend to cling to till I pop my clogs, but in the quest for power she's also taken on that dreadful robe of office, the Hermes scarf and its near relations.

The nearly old - and the old already - wear them softly knotted and draped, as she did last week, over boring tailored suits. They are a declaration that if glamour must be denied them, or their old suit hasn't worn out yet, at least they can spend a fortune on a square of rag with pictures on it.

Then, God forbid, they take to poking pearl necklaces underneath them.
The square scarf is a strange thing with no legitimate function other than conferring blandness on all who wear it.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4498690a1861.html

pooky83

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Ah well, more for us! It's strange that someone can be so venomous towards a scarf, a pashmina, or a string of pearls. They're not the sole preserve of maiden aunts. She mustn't have had very nice aunts!

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Am I the only one that found the article hilarious? :roflmfao:

And to be honest, most of the time I see middle aged or older women wearing the hermes type of silk scarf, but I see more and more 20-30 s wearing them as well. It seems to be catching on with a younger and younger crowd here at least.

It doesen't matter though. Everyone wear what they like. What you wear will not change your personality.