Americana Manhasset

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
Wow, what a place! I just went there today for the first time! Every top designer has a store there.... Bottega Venta, Burberry, Cartier, Chanel, Carolina Herrera, Coach, Cole Haan, David Yurman, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan New York, Escada, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Hermes, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Maxmara, Michael Kors, Osca De La Renta, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Salvatore Ferragamo, St. John, Tiffany & Co., Valentino, and more!!!!! I had a ball looking around. The staff at all of the stores were very accomodating and interested in showing their merchandise. I did walk away with one purchase, although I said no more bags for now .... lol... My husband bought me a Bottega Veneta ball bag in a light brown color. I forget the name of the color. It is gorgeous. Here's a pic from their website of the bag. I'm still trying to find out how to resize pics on my own. I have a lot of new purchases to show you guys. (Dior medium gaucho in red, Speedy 30, BV ball bag, Balenciaga Twiggy in rouge, Judith Leiber bag, etc.) Hopefully soon I'll be able to show you guys my new bags! Here is a pic from the BV website of the bag I just got... yippee!!!
http://www.bottegaveneta.com/ShopOnline/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=c72c7d40-23c7-483e-9582-e2331d39fcaf&folderId=0944bd62-2362-4881-acc9-3eda07d818d7&page=1

Yay! I'm glad you discovered the joys of the Americana Manhasset. I was there today too, but only ended up going to LV and Coach, because we had to go to Roosevelt Field toi buy a book (which they didn't have in stock...grr...) and then we had to go pick up my brother.

~Tracey

coco-nut said:
How long has Americana Manhasset been around? It's been ten years since I left NY.
The catalog that I received in the mail (not sure how they got my name/address) says "1956 - celebrating 50 years - 2006." I must have been living under a rock .... lol:shame:

Oh my. I guess when I lived in Manhattan, my natural direction for going shopping was over the GW bridge. I usually hit Short Hills, Paramus, or Woodbury Commons. Of course White Plains and Greenwich are great for shopping too.