American Idol

this is kinda interesting --
I think if it were me, I'd be calling her once a week for advice!!:P

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b244237_carrie_underwood_gives_her_number_idol.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

If American Idol champ Scotty McCreery and fellow finalist Lauren Alaina ever feel they just need someone to talk to, well, look no further than Carrie Underwood, kids.

"Both of them are going to have a lot ahead of them and there's really nothing I can tell them that will make any of it any easier," the country cutie told E! News before last night's big show when asked what advice she has for Scotty and Lauren. "Maybe I can give them my number, both of them."

Wait? What? How awesome is that?!

Actually, it wouldn't be the first time Carrie's handed out her digits to Idol contestants. Unfortunately, believe it or not, she doesn't always hear from them.

"I've done this every year, by the way, and no one ever calls me," she said. "I think David Cook is the only one I've managed to become friends with and we swap stories and talk about stuff, but nobody ever calls me. So maybe they will."

Well, given her success post-Idol, we think they'd be crazy not to give her a ring.

this is kinda interesting --
I think if it were me, I'd be calling her once a week for advice!!:P

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b24...m_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Looking at the names of the winners since Carrie, none of them are anywhere near as successful as she is. And they don't take advantage of her offer of advice, thoughts on the music business, etc.???

Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze: you all could benefit from contacting one of the most sucessful Idols! I didn't include David Cook in the list because she said she does talk with him.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b245289_how_big_was_wasnt_scotty_mccreerys.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

It's been a week since Scotty McCreery was crowned the winner of American Idol.

The confetti has cleared, the talk-show chatter has (mostly) died down and the the country singer's first single has been released.

So is the 17-year-old ready to play with music's big dogs?

That would be a yes—a big yes.

"I Love You This Big" debuted at No. 32 on Billboard's Nielsen BDS-based Hot Country Songs chart, making it the highest debut for a new artist's first single since Jan. 20, 1990, according to Billboard. The song also hit No. 1 on iTunes.

"I am humbled and shocked by this news," the country singer said in a statement. "I can't tell you what it means to me to be on the same charts as my musical heroes. I want to thank my fans and especially country radio for their support."

McCreery also shared why this song is so important to him, "What I love about ‘I Love You This Big' is that it can mean different things to different people. It could be about the relationship between a couple in love or a parent and child."

Awwwww!

The 17-year-old won Season 10 of American Idol on May 25, with a groundbreaking 122.4 million votes.

they're going to end up with new Judges each season if this keeps up -- first Elle, and now maybe Jennifer? Wonder if we'll be hearing a similar announcement from Steven Tyler?

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b247392_could_jennifer_lopez_really_bail_on.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Jenny from the Block was put on the spot this week when asked whether or not she plans to come back as a judge on American Idol next season.

"You know, this is the question of the hour," Jennifer Lopez said during an appearance on a BBC Radio program in London on Tuesday.

Her answer, if you can really call it that, was...

"I don't know," she said. "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

Lopez went on to say that part of the reason why she hasn't made up her mind yet stems from the fact that she's got quite a bit on her plate at the moment. You know, things like a hit single ("On the Floor"), a new perfume, a Latin competition show that she's working on with her hubby Marc Anthony and, of course, having to be the most beautiful woman in the world.

"I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year and we're not really at the breaking point of 'You have to make a decision right now!'" Lopez said. "I'm just really enjoying the time of just waiting and seeing."

But waiting and seeing for what exactly? Might it also have something to do with, say, money?

While Lopez reportedly earned $12 million to sit at the judges' table this year, it's quite possible she's simply looking to land a bigger paycheck for season 11. (Hey, it worked for Simon Cowell, who wound up banking more than $30 million a cycle during his Idol heyday.)

What say you? Are you hoping Lopez is lured back for another go-around? And does she deserve a raise?

Frankly, the show started to become a showcase for JLo and Marc Anthony's songs and musical "expertise." It wouldn't bother me because I didn't think she was that good a judge, anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing Shania Twain become a judge. I remember when she did a guest judging spot a couple of seasons ago during auditions, she was VERY good and HONEST about her critique.

JLo is a gorgeous woman, but IMO she has zero talent. She wasn't even a good judge and didn't give constructive criticism. I think she'll be back for another year as soon as they raise her salary.

I'd love to see Harry Connick Jr as a Judge of AI. He was probably the best mentor they ever had (IMO). the kids all seemed to love him and he's got a really good sense of humor (but gave really good advice -- I remember that was probably the best week performance-wise that season). I just wonder if he's not "big" enough for them to hire. I remember his name was floated around as a possible replacement, but then all of a sudden Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez seemed to come out of no where.

I'd love to see Harry Connick Jr as a Judge of AI. He was probably the best mentor they ever had (IMO). the kids all seemed to love him and he's got a really good sense of humor (but gave really good advice -- I remember that was probably the best week performance-wise that season). I just wonder if he's not "big" enough for them to hire. I remember his name was floated around as a possible replacement, but then all of a sudden Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez seemed to come out of no where.

Harry Connick Jr was a great mentor but I wonder if being a regular judge on AI would get in the way of all the work her does in New Orleans.

Check out the video for Pia Toscano’s new single, “This Time”!

The 22-year-old American Idol alum has had quite a year - she tried out for the show on August 3 of 2010 and recently reflected on the experience.

“I was just your average girl with a dream.. I decided to chase that dream with the support of my family,” Pia wrote on her WhoSay account.

“My father took the day off of work and waited patiently in line with me and over 10,000 other people for the American Idol audition. My life has drastically changed in just a year. Never give up! Thank you American Idol for changing my life, and thank you mommy and daddy for believing in me :smile: August 3, 2010.. The day that changed my life,” Pia wrote.

(source: http://justjared.buzznet.com/)