American Eagle to open 25,000 sq. ft. flagship in Times Square this November

Vinyl

O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. announced plans to open its flagship store in Times Square. The 25,000 square foot store is located at 1551 Broadway, at 46th Street. It features four levels of shopping, including dedicated floors for AE denim, as well as aerie, the company's intimates and dormwear brand. Opening day is scheduled for Thursday, November 19.

"We know that shopping in Times Square is a landmark event for millions of customers who come from around the globe to visit," said Jim O'Donnell, chief executive officer, American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. "American Eagle Outfitters' goal is to offer them a retail experience unlike anything they've experienced before - even by Times Square standards."

The American Eagle Outfitters Times Square flagship store will feature exclusive AE product not available anywhere else in the world. This includes more fashion forward merchandise, such as outerwear in faux fur and leather, sequin-embellished tops, and graphic t-shirts designed by New York graffiti artists. The Times Square assortment will also include a collection of premium denim and an expanded footwear selection.

The store design is completely new, featuring an eclectic combination of materials, from wood to brushed metal to polished concrete, as well as oversized subway tiles and custom lighting throughout. The rooms are more delineated, creating an intimate experience that optimally showcases the product and brand. Elements such as 15-foot ceilings and a 13-foot video wall add dramatic impact.

In addition to the best selection of American Eagle Outfitters and aerie product in the country, the store will feature a customer experience called "15 Seconds of Fame." With a purchase, customers will be invited to pose in a mini photo studio. Moments after, the customer`s photo will be projected onto the 15,000 square feet of LED screens (25 stories high) outside the store, for all of Times Square to see.

The LED screens will feature content 18 hours per day.

Source

Too bad their clothing is overpriced & is only worth it when it's on sale, lol! I'd love to check it out nevertheless.

i love ae but i wish they would open stores like that in other cities other than NY. I'd love to go to it as well as hollisters epic store but they are in NY and i'll never travel north so...However it does sound pretty cool.

The 15 seconds thing sounds kind of scary and really tacky. I think AE is really affordable, everything goes on sale pretty quickly and they have lots of coupons. I don't shop there much anymore, but I used to buy gift cards off ebay at 75-80% of value and then use them in stores with the coupons.

But I don't think they needed a megastore. Not really a fan of megastores in general, and they already fit all their merchandise in all sizes in a regular size store so I really do not see what the point of this is.

^ Which is why I don't think people would miss out too much if they never had the chance to visit the megastore. AE offers so many discounts that I don't have to necessarily go in-store to even get what I want. I'm sure the "exclusive" merchandise will end up on eBay in no time.

Perez Hilton reported on Coco Perez that there's going to be a huge bra selection though (according to him, over 7,500 bras in one store!)... I do like aerie bras, lol.

I wonder if their bra section is going to be like A&F's gilly hicks bra library.

Its a ballsy move by AE to open it, so soon after HCO's epic store (doesen't that store also have exlusive stuff in it?) just opened. If it gets more tourists then the Abercrombie flagship, i'll be impressed. big time.

I arrive ( from England) on the 19th November. Cant wait to see this!!

The "15 Seconds of Fame." sounds great to me- as a tourist.

Hope they have a discount on the opening day.

Ohhh and us brits LOVEEEEE Abercrombie, dont think its going to be a big as Abercrombie but defo very popular with tourists.

There finally opening a flagship.. A&F has already has opened seven...

I guess they've finally caught on the new "Flagship Mall Store" trend.
I can't see their flagship reaching the sales which A&F flagships generate though.

IAE is a cute store, but it lacks originality. Whenever I go in there, I see similar past season A&F items. (Im not fond of A&F clothing)

I dont really care about AE anymore. I signed up for their worthless AE Pass card (not the CC), and I never once got their stupid coupons. I stopped shopping there since none of their clothes even appeal to me anymroe.

Now Aerie, I LOVE! I signed up for Aerie's a-list and now I get tons of coupons (they have two of them: one for you and a friend)!! I wish I could visit this megastore just to snatch up some NY-exclusive Aerie clothes. :heart: We do have a standalone aerie but it's suuuper tiny (the AE stores here also have a super tiny section of Aerie too, it sucks).

I love Aerie bras too, but I cant afford them at full price. They are so cute!!

Missaza If you could that would be FANTASIC thank you very much!!

I would go the day of opening ( when i arrice in NY) if offers/ promotions on however if not would wait till a day or two later when less busy. Would rather save a few dollars though :smile:

I've always been a fan of their jeans, though I don't buy more than one or two pairs at one time because of how expensive it is. They last for about a year if you take good care of them. I only wish their AE products were not exclusive for their NY store. I really would love to see their new products!