American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace

Does anyone sympathize with him here? After more depiction of his mom, I kind of start sympathizing the character. His mom is an idiot. He wasn't raised well.
HIs mom appears to be mentally ill in this portrayal. I may have heard a bit more about him than some others as he was from San Diego where I live. As far as I know, the story he told about being sent to an expensive school and occupying the master bedroom when he was a kid are true. He was spoiled, even though they family wasn't wealthy.
I don't really sympathize with him. And I find the actor pretty unattractive looking. I think IRL he was better looking as I recall.

Reactions: sweetasc6h12o6
Does anyone sympathize with him here? After more depiction of his mom, I kind of start sympathizing the character. His mom is an idiot. He wasn't raised well.

I disliked him all through the series. He was smug, narcissistic, a phoney, a liar, etc.......yet on the last episode. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. It in no way excuses what he did, he was a monster. But I agree, the way he was raised - or maybe who he was raised by.....had an impact on him. After he shaved his head.....somehow I started to look at him differently. It seemed like he was in murky waters, he had no way out, he could only face himself in the end - and he couldn't face it.

The actor who portrayed him did a fantastic job. He made him human in the end. For me anyway.

Just finished. I thought it was ok until I read all the inaccuracies, why make some of that stuff up? I can understand "massaging" some of the facts but not changing them.

Sad seeing footage of Diana at the funeral knowing that her own end was coming very soon.

All in all, this was not as good as the OJ American Crime Story, imo, though Darren Criss was excellent, I hope he gets an Emmy nod.

I disliked him all through the series. He was smug, narcissistic, a phoney, a liar, etc.......yet on the last episode. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. It in no way excuses what he did, he was a monster. But I agree, the way he was raised - or maybe who he was raised by.....had an impact on him. After he shaved his head.....somehow I started to look at him differently. It seemed like he was in murky waters, he had no way out, he could only face himself in the end - and he couldn't face it.

The actor who portrayed him did a fantastic job. He made him human in the end. For me anyway.
He was horrible but I think it was really his father who created the monster. Sad.

I stopped watching after the 4th episode but I agree, why did they change some of the events? One thing that bothered me was in regard to Marilyn Miglin. Why make her appear like a cold distant widow when she actually cried on the tv interview? Pretty cruel I think.