Ame! Please help! :)

mai_LV

O.G.
Sep 11, 2010
I was in Bailey Banks and biddle and they showed me this diamond. What are your thoughts?? I don't know how to msg you and attach picture. Sorry! I really appreciate your help!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414087461.341521.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414087497.135843.jpg

Pass. Crown and pavilion angles don't go together. It's a 60/60 but even if you liked those, the crown and pavilion angles should be better together than that.

That's also not a shop I think you'll find the best stones or pricepoints in.

Ame, curious, what does 60/60 mean and how does it affect brilliance? I think I like 60/60s but don't really understand how they're different. By looking at that picture, how would the numbers be converted/what figures would be entered into the HCA?

Ame, curious, what does 60/60 mean and how does it affect brilliance? I think I like 60/60s but don't really understand how they're different. By looking at that picture, how would the numbers be converted/what figures would be entered into the HCA?
A 60-60 means that the table is 60% and the depth percentages is 60%. (or within just a few hundredths of a percent.)

In terms of brilliance, 60/60s tend to return mostly white light, vs fire (color light) and white light which you'd find in a stone with a 55-57% table. And stones with tables that are 54% or less, you'd get in a lot of cases fire, but very little white light return thus a dark stone overall. So a 60/60 would be bright, but not firey (not much in the way of rainbows!).

There are people who prefer a 60/60 though to an ideal cut with a 55-57 table and 59-61.8 depth. I tend to steer people away from those unless you know you prefer that look.

Ame what do you think of this diamond??
View attachment 2787769

Still no. Table too big, and those crown and pavilion angles don't work.
Use this as a good starting point for guidelines. If the numbers don't fall into these ranges, don't even consider them. If they do, then we can see from there if the angles will jive.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/diamond-faq-reference-thread-221372-4.html#post24617318

lol! Maybe! I don't always get on timely enough. I will occasionally get some PMs from people saying "hey you have a question being posed to you!" I am almost done with my busy season so hopefully I will be able to be more "present."