Ambivalent about my Hillier hobo

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been lusting for a MBMJ bag as soon as I spotted the color dirty martini. I narrowed down the styles to the Natasha and Hillier hobo. I received my hiller from Bloomies the other day-great price with th F&F sale. I must say it's a beautiful bag, but just seems to do nothing for me-it hangs on my side like an oblong deflated baloon. Even with 'stuff' in it, it appears empty and seems a very long reach to get to the bottom. My husband said it looks like a potato sack(of course his idea of a pretty purse was a red plaid D&B):amuse:

I do feel the Natasha will be more functional for me although it doesn't have that edgy look to it-the gatherings make it almost a little 'frumpy'?

I think I'm losing my mind. I just ordered the Natasha from Endless at full price so I can compare them side to side when it arrives as I have 6 mths to make a Bloomies return.

Has anyone else felt ambivalent about a purchase they thougt they really wanted and eventually grew to love it? Thoughts on either bag?

2. I can't tell you how many times I purchased a bag that I was all excited about, only to get it home and realize it wasn't everything I thought it was. This included the Hillier hobo. My DH said it looked like it belonged on the side of a horse (like a saddlebag). Men!

I have found if I really don't love the purse, it will never happen. The little things I think are wrong with it, only grow with time. If you think the Natasha might be a better fit, return the Hillier. Good luck on your decision!

3. I know how you feel. I got the hillier a way back and I returned it. Then I got one for my sister's birthday and I missed it again. I ended getting one for myself and I like it alot. I have the Natasha and it's my everyday bag. DH thinks the hillier looks like a pillow with a handle!! Go with what you feel. Wait till you get the Natasha and compare the two. Good luck!!!

4. I went thru that with my Francesca tote love/hate still looking for a bag in Port may give the Reg Groovee or Baby Aiden a try again but I did learn my lesson if you dont LOVE the bag you will not be happy using it. Good luck

5. I got my Natsaha today and LOVE iT!!! Hillier's going back!

6. Yay! I'm glad you like it!!!