Amazon.com customer service...not too shabby!

1. About 10 days ago, I bought a pair of Prada sneakers from Amazon.com. It's a style from many seasons ago (but they're sooo comfy!) and it was already about 1/3 less the original price. I just happened to look at the product page yesterday, and they reduced the price by $50 compared to what I paid. Needless to say, I was bummed.

I decided I can't lose by writing to customer service, so I contacted them and asked if they would refund me the $50 difference since I've been a loyal customer. I thought they would probably have some reason not to extend the discount to me. To my surprise, they wrote me back apologizing for the "frustration" I must have felt and refunded me the $50, no questions asked and no hassles. So I guess the lesson is you can't hurt to ask.

Anyone else have a customer service story with a happy ending?

(I'm putting this in General Discussion since it's a customer service related thing, even though I bought shoes...please move it if this doesn't belong here.)

2. I always get excellent customer service from Amazon!

3. I think the customer service at Zappos is fantastic..I am forever buying things from the couture section, I will order 6 pairs at a time sometimes and even if I place the order at 4pm I swear they drive it over to my house becuase most of the time it arrives the next day ...like magic...(AND I do not do over night shipping). Last summer I had a black tie dinner to go to and I was in desperate need of just of the "perfect shoe" ..which I found and ofcourse it did not fit ....I called them and they sent me another size over night did not even charge me (for the replacement shoe or shipping) , I thought I would have to reorder all together, but instead she did just did an exchange, they made my day (and my outfit for the dinner!)

4. I like Zappos too. Fast & free shipping, free returns & what's more they credit my account back in 2 days after returning something! I love no risk shopping!:biggrin:

5. I would like to add one more to the list! Neimans has been wonderful as well. I had Spy issues and they were wonderful...I wrote a letter about the wonderful gal that helped me. (worst...STYLEDROPS!!! ughhhh)

6. It's always great to hear about good customer service. Glad you got your $50 back!

7. Wow! That's always good to know. I find the customer service at Eluxury is awesome too.

8. oh good thread! Customer service usually plays a huge part in where I shop. I've had good experiences with amazon.com too. =)

9. yes!! elux has the BEST customer service!!!

10. Good For You....smart Lady!!!

11. Amazon is the BEST! They are always friendly, courteous, and professional. I consider them the Nordstrom's of the www!! ;)

12. same here, i have had all positive experiences with amazon.com customer service.... all the products r legit too...

13. holy crap! okay now i want to buy from amazon!

14. :heart: Amazon! They feed my book habit rather well :love:

15. Good to hear good CS still exists. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice