Amazing pp Not As Described Excuses!

Jan 8, 2009
Just have to share this because I was pretty taken back. I've been doing this long enough that most return excuses don't phase me and I'd rather just take it back..honor the refund as long as it is not used..and move on..so I sold this brand new with tags handbag..a few days later I get an email from the buyer saying its just not what she thought or wanted that she had found another one she liked better (that made me mad because she admitted why she wanted to return it) of course I told her we didn't accept returns because its stated in our description and on the ebay check box description. Next thing I know pp has held the funds from me bc she filed a not as described with them. So when I went to read why it says that the bag was 1/2" off in my measurements. Funny enough..the measurements were never in the description..she emailed me to ask and I sent them via email. Of course pp is now forcing me to accept the return and she will probably leave a neg for a 1st quality item and transaction! And before this I thought I had heard it all!:biggrin:

That's just ridiculous! After reading all these threads here, I'm become so wary when selling. After I ship, I'm just holding my breath until I get positive feedback from the buyer. I almost just want to keep all my unused stuff instead of risking selling it online anymore.

That's just ridiculous! After reading all these threads here, I'm become so wary when selling. After I ship, I'm just holding my breath until I get positive feedback from the buyer. I almost just want to keep all my unused stuff instead of risking selling it online anymore.
I think this is so true. It's getting to be a roll of the dice very time you sell something; you just have to pray you don't get a scammer or someone who can't be satisfied.... :nuts:

I'm holding my breath for the 60 days or so it takes before the buyer can no longer file a claim. Sometimes I'm holding my breath for a year until I know they can't do a chargeback, either. It's never happened to me, but there's always a first time.

One of the excuses I have gotten from someone who wanted to do a return:

"They are just not what I expected." (for a set of LV hair cubes. What, exactly, does one expect from hair cubes?? I allowed a return anyway)

That just sucks! I have never sold on ebay, thought about it several times, but the longer I wait the less likely it will happen. I can't deal with what you all go through with. It's just not worth it.

Ebay is becoming more like Las Vegas and just like Vegas, the house always wins!

I once had a buyer make a very inexpensive purchase of a Tignanello and wrote to me to tell me she assumed that the key fob would be included since that's the way they are sold at the store! And this despite viewing multiple photos covering all angles of the item! She told me how nice she was going to be by leaving positive feedback anyway and expected the same. Hmmm...what choice would I have anyway? :thinking:

Do you have the emails in which this flaky buyer says she found another she likes better? It might be a waste of time, but I'd send those on to eBay/PayPal. I guess the honest sellers will never come out ahead.

This happened to me not too long ago too and it made me furious! Paypal said that ebay changed its rules from 'SNAD' to basically, if they dont like it, for whatever reason they can send it back. WTF?? We are now all department stores with a full money back guarentee!!

I would just take it back. With all these scammers and then they will say it is Fake, and then you will really be out of luck.

Take back the return and find an honest buyer that will love it. After reading all these horror stories it is NOT Worth the effort and hassle of spending hours writing emails and phone calls.

BTW..I put a disclaimer in my listing that my measurements are approximate and accurate within 1 inch either way

Marnee-I forwarded the email information to a rep at pp that contacted me. Within 48 hours of her filing the dispute, I received an email saying the resolution center was awaiting my response. I went to check it and it told me that my response was to confirm that I received the returned item so they could issue her a full refund! I'm starting to believe its not even worth it to fight it bc it seems the buyer can make up any excuse and it will get approved unfortunately.

vtach-I had another listing for a bag and I put the same thing in there not to hold me to an inch for measurements bc I don't want to go through this again!

It also makes me wonder if pp even reviews them at all anymore because that is the fastest resolution from pp I have ever seen.

fyi-she's going on the blocked bidder list! LOL

Sorry this happened to you. I was just grasping, I guess. I'm so tired of sellers getting crapped on, you know? You'd think a huge business like PayPal/eBay would treat their sellers (their moneymakers) at a higher standard than some buyer that decides to return something on a whim.
I do understand that it's not worth fighting over. I've only heard of a couple sellers fighting and winning-but it's always after much time and aggravation. Can you PM me her eBay id? I'd like to add her to my blocked list, also! Thank you!

What ever happened to the legally binding contract to buy the item? It's up in smoke! That's where...
I am sorry it happened to you...hopefully you can just get the bag back in the same state as you sent it in....and sell it to someone who will adore it. hang in there:o)