Amazed at how resilient vintage lambskin is!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    . . .So I found this vintage lambskin in a 2nd shop and made it mine. The double C clasp had obviously come off (loose screws I imagine.) and someone had taken it upon themself to "fix" it by gluing(gasp!):nuts: the clasp back on. I almost cried when I saw that glue on the "fragile" lambskin! :wtf: I thought perhaps a trip to Chanel in Vancouver would be in order for her. Well, I brought her home and treated her very tenderly :tender:. After taking photos and getting the lovely ladies here to authenticate, I began drenching that clasp and glue in leather conditioner, and slowly was able to get that glued on clasp off and clean the lambskin entirely. Now, you'd never know! I'm totally shocked at how well it worked and how tough and resilient this lambskin is!! (Looks fragile, but WOW! it's not!) I'm told by the lovely Chanel authenticators that my new bag is dated about '95. (3 series) Makes her 15 years old, and she is the bag of my dreams!!!!

Thanks for letting me share.:smile:

Attached Files:

2. Its gorgeous!!!!!
    I love that style

Can i ask what price you paid?
    what is the size of the bag like?

3. It's about 12" x 9" x 4". Seems to be some sort of "accordian" style, with the 3 parts inside. Very roomy!

4. I love that bag, OP! it's such a unique style!!

5. Wow! That's a beautiful bag! Love it! Can you carry it messenger style? I think old lambskin is much better than new lambskin based on how good some vintage looks. Congrats!! :yahoo:

6. Thanks! From what I can figure (& I'm no expert!) it seems to be a hybrid of sorts, combining the "accordian" (?) and "classic flap"(?) (If anyone knows about it, please let me know.)

Kinda crazy, but it's the perfect bag for me! If I could have done a "made to order" bag, this would be the one.

7. Thanks! Can't carry it crossbody as the strap is not adjustable, but goes nicely over the shoulder. Looks best "crook of arm" tho', I think.

8. Wow - good find. The leather was better in the 80's apparently so I'm not surprised it held up. Enjoy her ;)

9. Wow great find! Congrats!!!

10. Congrats!

11. Congrats! Beautiful bag.

12. wow! that's a nice bag!

13. Congratulations on your vintage find! It's really beautiful (and good going with gettig the clasp fixed). Ooohh, I love accordian styles!! Can we see pics of the interior?

14. Congratulations on your lovely find. I love the shape of it! It looks so comfy and roomy to. You are lucky to find such a vintage with the tougher lambskin. I to have a vintage (4 series) lambskin that I can wear anywhere and not have to worry about it. It's Lambskin is so awesome and sturdy. I did notice that the lambskin on it is way thicker and harder than just about all of my other lambskins. It's amazing how Chanel's lambskin leather can vary from year to year. Enjoy your Beautiful new Chanel purse :smile:

15. Sure. I can't believe the room in here!

Attached Files: