am i wrong?

LOVELINDT

ktnxbye
May 5, 2008
ok, i was ranting on about the petrol prices in sydney and how it has been so crazy for the past few months and it nearly reached $1.72 L and i was making a comparison with a L of fuel and a bottle of water for like $3 a bottle here and i was saying how water is more expensive than fuel and the fact that everyone here just buys a bottle of water for $3 without even thinking and complaining that fuel is expensive...

i've had a lot of negative feedback with how i put this comparison.:confused1:

i_wona

like two plums
O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
Australia
I suppose most people don't buy 50 litres of bottled water in one go, so it's kind of easier to spend $3 per pop (as opposed to $90 for a tank of petrol), even if it works out more expensive... Also, I think there are probably many more people who have to buy petrol and not that many (in comparison) that buy bottled water... perhaps this is where the negative feedback came from?

I don't know, I think you have a point with your comparison, though! I must admit, I am guilty of buying petrol and bottled water without looking at the price - I figure "Hey, I need it, I have to get it - why argue?"

LOVELINDT

ktnxbye
May 5, 2008
yes thats where the negative feedback comes in, but i was clearly making a comparing with a bottle of water and a Litre of petrol...

i_wona

like two plums
O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
Australia
^ i wonder if it's a bit of a redundant comparison, though, because no one really buys a litre of petrol. People usually spend at least a decent amount per tank, even if they don't fill it up all the way. Also, most people have a choice about whether or not they buy bottled water - most of those same people don't have a choice about whether or not they buy petrol, though.

Maybe people are especially touchy because it's such a sore point at the moment? It's like mortgages and interest rates - mention either one and everyone jumps all over you!