Am I wasting my time trying to sell on ebay?

I don't like reserve auctions either. I do however ask the Reserve Price and if I am not told I do not bid. I would try to keep relisting the bag, maybe use a option with more pictures or more attracitve headings and stuff. I would give yourself a few auctions to relist and if that doesn't work that I would sell to a resale shop.

I know this is moot since you already sold it (congrats!!), but sometimes if I have relisted something a few times, I'll try listing it at a little higher buy it now price with the option to submit a best offer. You might get an offer that's within the range of what you'd accept.

Best offer is kind of a double edged sword though, because most of time people submit ridiciulously low offers that I would never accept. You do have the option of setting an auto decline for offers under a certain amount though. Also, I think you need to have at least 5 feedback before you can list a buy it now auction. A thought for the future though...:smile:

Hi , zero feedback is a real problem for you , would suggest you get some feedback before selling a designer bag , it frightens the life out of buyers , here today probably gone tomorrow would be most buyers thoughts .

You know what is driving me crazy? Well, I've been trying to build up my feedback. I ended up selling that purse after the auction had closed so there was no option for either of us to leave feedback. Then I bought a couple things on ebay and always paid immediately, and no one ever left me any. I even politely asked someone I bought a bag from to, and I left her great feedback. I don't wanna have to keep buying stuff and just hope someone leaves feedback. Well, I guess I'll probably still continue to buy stuff. But what if I wanna sell stuff?

Nevermind. I just checked my ebay and got a message saying I got my first positive feedback. Yay! Finally! I bought something last week and hadn't checked. Woohoo...I'm on my way!

Congratulations on selling your bag. I sometimes wish I'd bid on something after the auction ended without a sale. Maybe it's worth following up with a seller, as it could be a win win situation.

Great to hear you sold your bag, and sorry you had to take a loss on it. However, it gives you some cash to perhaps hunt out a bargain to make up for the loss, plus increase your positive feedback on eBay.

I guess it is worth it to follow up with a seller after the auction has ended. And yeah, that money is long gone. I got a new B-bag and a Rebecca Minkoff this week. I didn't get them off ebay, so no feedback on those. But at least I know they're authentic. I was telling someone just today about the Luella I sold, and I immediately felt regret. Maybe it's worth it to just hang on to your bags forever...like children!! :smile: