Am i too uptight?? Nick on my bag

svolkert

Dec 10, 2009
I got the Idylle Elegie for Christmas and today when I got it out of closet to carry I noticed the handle felt rough in a tiny spot. I ran my finger over and it is a nick, a little rough patch. I have no idea when it happened because I only have carried 3 or 4 times. Am I too anal about this? Should I contact LV? Can anything be done? The best way to describe it is it felt like a jagged finger nail. Here are a couple of pics
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n534/Svapple/e7ffa460.jpg
Thanks

They'll probably say its wear and tear. I had something similiar on the edges of my speedy on the piping and when I took it in to have my handles fixed (they started peeling) the SA blew it off as such (the knicks I mean). I suspect it probably is from a fingernail too. I totally get why it would bother you but sometimes things like this are inevitable. Just enjoy your bag. No one will be able to see it.

I'd try to return it for a new one--a sharp nick on a smooth handle would really bother me! It shouldn't happen that soon. One of my ebene speedy's handles is wrinkly and that's irritating enough but there are no nicks.

I had my pandora bracelet on while carrying my artsy mm... so guess what had happened when I dropped the bog down to my wrist to switch it up from being on the shoulder. I got a nick on the underside of the beautiful leather. Luckily I am the only one that is aware of the nick on the underside and I forget about it at times. Just remember to use and enjoy your bags, they will not stay perfect unless you haven't been using them at all.

I have a very light scratch on the underside of one of my Speedy's handles, my kitten bounced up one day when the Speedy was on the dining table and did it as he tried to clamber into the bag. Things happen in life, I would just think of it as an identifying mark that makes your bag more unique to you ;) I doubt LV would exchange it (and I personally don't think it worth worrying over). In time the rough patch will become smoother with use.

Please don't 'waste' a perfectly good bag by demanding an exchange from LV where it can never be resold doomed to end up heaven knows where... ;) honestly, it wasn't there when you bought it because you would have felt it before I would think. It's normal wear and tear, maybe from a finger nail etc... please don't worry about it. It seems like some women on TPF should buy their LV's then immediately put them inside glass locked shelves to view as artwork, rather than use a their purse. It's the nature of carrying a bag.. they get tossed around, a key bangs into it, a kid (or a cat) bumps it... it's all okay. No one will ever notice that but you. And I agree with ^ it will smooth out over time. Keep it and enjoy!

Oh no I wouldn't return!! I just wondered I'd it could be treated or fixed some how? I have only carried a few times and am so careful with my bags I was so surprised when I picked it up and I felt something sharp and rough:sad:

Please don't 'waste' a perfectly good bag by demanding an exchange from LV where it can never be resold doomed to end up heaven knows where... ;) honestly, it wasn't there when you bought it because you would have felt it before I would think. It's normal wear and tear, maybe from a finger nail etc... please don't worry about it. It seems like some women on TPF should buy their LV's then immediately put them inside glass locked shelves to view as artwork, rather than use a their purse. It's the nature of carrying a bag.. they get tossed around, a key bangs into it, a kid (or a cat) bumps it... it's all okay. No one will ever notice that but you. And I agree with ^ it will smooth out over time. Keep it and enjoy!

I agree with you completely!

The first dent, scratch or scrape is the worst, just like cars. Then it's easier to calm down and not fuss over it.

RELAX OP, just enjoy your beautiful bag. In the scheme of things, that little nick is really nothing.