Am i too picky?

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
This is the first time I ordered a bag from an outlet store. I ended up ordering the medium giovanna satchel from the Alto line, from the Chicago outlet. Since there was only one more in black at the Seattle location, I hurried up and ordered. Hey, how many years do you think will go by, before we can request someone showing us the bag online, so we can examine for defects on every side?

So, my bag comes and it's wonky! To me it looks like the front pocket was sewn on too high on the left. There is a round perforation in the leather just below the bottom center of the pocket. On the left side under the pocket, there is a 3/4" silver line. To me both of these things look like they are "registration" marks or guidelines for the person sewing on the pocket. To me the pocket looks slightly crooked @ 1/16th of an inch.

I admit people have been known to call me picky. The bag is originally $525.00, so with the sale, I only paid $262.50. The Seattle SA said I could call the Chicago store and maybe they would issue me a store credit if I sent it back.:hrmm:

You're not too picky. That bag should have never been shipped to a customer who couldn't see the obvious flaws. Call customer service and have them send you a return shipping label. That bag is exquisite and should be perfect.

This is the first time I ordered a bag from an outlet store. I ended up ordering the medium giovanna satchel from the Alto line, from the Chicago outlet. Since there was only one more in black at the Seattle location, I hurried up and ordered. Hey, how many years do you think will go by, before we can request someone showing us the bag online, so we can examine for defects on every side?

So, my bag comes and it's wonky! To me it looks like the front pocket was sewn on too high on the left. There is a round perforation in the leather just below the bottom center of the pocket. On the left side under the pocket, there is a 3/4" silver line. To me both of these things look like they are "registration" marks or guidelines for the person sewing on the pocket. To me the pocket looks slightly crooked @ 1/16th of an inch.

I admit people have been known to call me picky. The bag is originally $525.00, so with the sale, I only paid $262.50. The Seattle SA said I could call the Chicago store and maybe they would issue me a store credit if I sent it back.:hrmm:

No, you aren't being to picky. Even though you got it for half the price, it still should be in perfect condition. The showroom outlet bags are always so beat up. I hope u can get a credit or something to make up for it.

This is why I only order via outlet from warehouse. If my one strore does not have then I have them search warehouse.
I ordered a bag through the DE outlet which was shipped directly from the CT warehouse. Unfortunately, it was defective. The leather on the underside of the bag was warped, the color was splotchy & there was some discoloration on the handle. The packaging looked like it had been reused, torn & retaped. Other products that I received from the CA warehouse arrived in perfect condition, so, I don't know what the problem was with the CT warehouse., Needless to say,I was not happy. After calling & emailing customer service I was told to send the bag back with explanation & they will send replacement directly from warehouse. As for shipping, I was told I'd be reimbursed for up to $13 only. According to customer service this is only applicable for damaged or defective merchandise. Does all this sound correct?

I ordered a bag through the DE outlet which was shipped directly from the CT warehouse. Unfortunately, it was defective. The leather on the underside of the bag was warped, the color was splotchy & there was some discoloration on the handle. The packaging looked like it had been reused, torn & retaped. Other products that I received from the CA warehouse arrived in perfect condition, so, I don't know what the problem was with the CT warehouse., Needless to say,I was not happy. After calling & emailing customer service I was told to send the bag back with explanation & they will send replacement directly from warehouse. As for shipping, I was told I'd be reimbursed for up to $13 only. According to customer service this is only applicable for damaged or defective merchandise. Does all this sound correct?
Wow. Never had an issue with CT warehouse. I try not to use CA because it takes tooooo long. CT takes two days for me. Everythin been perfect.

I don't think you're too picky. The bag should not be defective. They are really strict about no refunds and only exchanges or credits, so I'm sure you'll be able to at least get that. Good luck.

Here is a picture of what I was referring to. As you're viewing the attached photo, note the silver line under the pocket on the left, and the puncture hole in the middle under the pocket. Wish I could have produced a better picture...

Attachments

• DSCN0968.JPG
    DSCN0968.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 180
Here is a picture of what I was referring to. As you're viewing the attached photo, note the silver line under the pocket on the left, and the puncture hole in the middle under the pocket. Wish I could have produced a better picture...

Yeah I can see it. It's hard to tell the pocket is crooked. Can that silver line be rubbed off?