Am I too petite for a BV Veneta? Please help...

Brandless

O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I've checked out the picture threads here including BVs in action and have noticed how beautiful the Venetas look on you ladies. So I've set my sights on the medium one. Whenever I look at pictures of the bag on the websites selling BV, the bag looks small but the measurement says otherwise (16" wide). Most of the bags I own are around 12" wide or less. But I'm thinking the BV slouches and is not stiff. So I just need some honest opinions, do you think I should take the plunge with the medium Veneta? BTW, I'm 4'11" and 96 lbs. Any petite gals here who have the Veneta? Or anyone seen petite gals carrying the medium Veneta? TIA~

I think the medium would be a good size for you. In the beginning, it's just going to look large to you because you are used to smaller bags.

I'll bet the Olsen twins aren't taller than you and one of them has been pictured with a Veneta.

Thanks Boxermom! I guess you're right about me not being used to bigger bags. It seems when I see other people with big bags, I think they look great and somehow I feel I can't get away with it.

I bet the medium will be perfect! I'm around 5'3 and I much preferred the med. to the large.

Also, didn't you ask about wearing this with a winter coat? If you are that tiny, it just may work!

I too am about 5'3 and prefer the medium. The thing about Venetas is that once they are filled, the length is reduced a bit and the bag as a whole looks smaller, as counterintuitive as that sounds.
I've read somewhere in the forum a tPFer who's about your height and still prefers the large, which I don't think is that big even for petite girls.
Now I think the tough question is, which colour?? :graucho:

You will like the medium. Don't be fooled by the dimensions. The width of 16 inches sounds so big but the bag has very little depth..it's almost flat and that makes it look a lot smaller than a 16 inch bag that has say a five inch depth. Once you put your stuff inside it expands the bag outward and visually reduces the width. The shape of the veneta is curved on the lower corners, also visually reducing the overall width. I hope this makes sense.

I'm 5'2" and 100 lbs., and I've tried many of them on several times! I settled on the medium veneta. I think it's perfect for me (people our size). When I get around to convincing my husband it's time for a new one, I will be getting that bag! GL

My younger sister is quite tiny - just under 5'2", and she pulls off a Large Veneta with ease. But that's also cos she's a big bag girl, so it's no problem for her. Go with the medium if you're concerned. I honestly don't think it will overwhelm you at all.

G'luck! :flowers: