am I too old for this??

I don't associate any age with cowboy boots, if anything I think of western inspired style, which people of all ages wear. I'm sure you will look great on them and I really like that dark denim, crisp while button down, look idea. It sounds very chic.

Girls at that age are humiliated by the fact that they even HAVE parents. The problem is not the boots and it is not you; the problem is the age of your daughter!

The boots are fine. And while I definitely agree that everyone needs to fine-tune their style as they get older, the stereotypes that used to apply to 40 no longer do. Women on the whole generally DON'T cut their hair and start wearing polyester slacks when they turn 40. They don't start wearing comfortable shoes if they didn't before, and they don't suddenly not care about how they look. My dh warns that the more I ask if I am too old to wear something, the more likely it is I will start to box myself in mentally and begin dressing and acting old. Don't let the careless comments of a 13 year old box you in and make you doubt yourself.

Like everyone else I think that they look great and you should wear them.

I do not know your daughter but just remember most 13 year olds are embarrassed by their mothers. I remember when I was 13 and being seen with my mom in public yet alone with a mom that dressed in clothes that me and my friends would even wear was beyond embarrassing. We would walk either way ahead or behind out moms at the mall hoping that people did not realize that we were together.

You beat me to it. The very essence of adolescence is to be horrified by the existence of your parents. To have your mom wearing clothing that is cute and fun would no doubt further that...
I think they are swell and hope you enjoy them!

I love them and I think you should wear them however you want!
Rock 'em!!!!

I want to cry every time I see someone wonder about "age appropriate" anyways..... They are gorgeous if somewhat plain BOOTS for goodness sake!

I wonder ~ at what age do I cut off all my hair, get a nice perm and a weekly salon 'do, start opting for "tailored slacks" and a "crisp blouse" etc etc etc.

I guess I am different though, and you DID ask, so down off the soapbox I come.

My opinion? Wear em and rock em!

eta: and you are not too old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no matter what age you are!

You know the answer to that uab - never!

katlun, 13 year old daughters are like that - they
criticize us for everything and think they'll die if we any
thing that might embarrass them. I say, got for it! There's
nothing too young about those boots. Don't listen to you
daughter! Wait until she's in her 30s before you take her
advice!

it really depends on how you are going to wear them with.
if you are going to wear them w/ mini jean skirt or tight short shorts...i'd say it's too old for a 40 year old. it's not what you wear, it's how you wear that matters....just MHO.