am I too old for this??

katlun

O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
I know when you ask that question the answer usually is yes, let me give you the backround on this.

I picked up these Lucky boots on sale for a steal bring them home and my dd who is 13 see them and asks if they are for me. Yes, why I ask, she tells me that I am going to look like her friend's aunt who is 40 and dresses like a teenager.

thank you child, I love you but now I want to return them.

and I am over 40 and feeling old

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=47354&vid=1&pid=707736&scid=707736022
base1.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://piperlime.gap.com/Asset_Archive/PLWeb/Assets/Product/707/707736/big/pl707736-01vliv01.jpg&size=18&dhm=683da3c5&hl=en

I do believe in dressing age appropriate however, I do not think these boots have any age restriction whatsoever. It all depends on what you wear them with and how. If you were wearing cut off jean shorts, a long tank and a trucker hat "a la Britney Spears", yes, that would be a no-no. If you rocked them with some cool jeans, a leather belt and a button down crisp shirt with a cool statement antiqued silver necklace, they would look totally cool.

I don't think your too old for them.
They are simple looking and in style right now.
It would depend on what you wear with them too..:smile:
I personally don't go for short boots myself.. but see them on others and they are very cute!
I have a few pr of Fryes myself and think anyone can wear them.:smile:

I don't think your too old for them.
They are simple looking and in style right now.
It would depend on what you wear with them too..:smile:
I personally don't go for short boots myself.. but see them on others and they are very cute!
I have a few pr of Fryes myself and think anyone can wear them.:smile:

^ITA.. They are not over embellished and are a nice neutral color. I think
they would look stylin and age appropriate with a great dress, just keep the length around the knee. Any shorter screams the aforementioned Britney look, any longer looks little house on the prairie.

I do believe in dressing age appropriate however, I do not think these boots have any age restriction whatsoever. It all depends on what you wear them with and how. If you were wearing cut off jean shorts, a long tank and a trucker hat "a la Britney Spears", yes, that would be a no-no. If you rocked them with some cool jeans, a leather belt and a button down crisp shirt with a cool statement antiqued silver necklace, they would look totally cool.

I can really see the outfit you put together here, thank you

I must visit this forum more

I love them and I think you should wear them however you want!
Rock 'em!!!!

I want to cry every time I see someone wonder about "age appropriate" anyways..... They are gorgeous if somewhat plain BOOTS for goodness sake!

I wonder ~ at what age do I cut off all my hair, get a nice perm and a weekly salon 'do, start opting for "tailored slacks" and a "crisp blouse" etc etc etc.

I guess I am different though, and you DID ask, so down off the soapbox I come.

My opinion? Wear em and rock em!

eta: and you are not too old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no matter what age you are!

Like everyone else I think that they look great and you should wear them.

I do not know your daughter but just remember most 13 year olds are embarrassed by their mothers. I remember when I was 13 and being seen with my mom in public yet alone with a mom that dressed in clothes that me and my friends would even wear was beyond embarrassing. We would walk either way ahead or behind out moms at the mall hoping that people did not realize that we were together.

^^^ you know, great post and I'll bet that's exactly what's going on... :biggrin:

I remember being a 13 year old gal ~ it was looooong ago
And then, I have 4 sons, so it's a bit different I expect :smile:

Kids are the worse!!!! Don't think it's girls, boys are bad too. My son's are relentless, I think they don't want their friends to think you look good, you should be invisable. The boots are great wear and enjoy. PS the fact that they are Lucky brand probably bothers her too. You aren't allowed to have cool brands!

I think I will agree with most of the people here : these shoes are a timeless must-have, and how old the wearer should be does not matter : wear them if you like them and enjoy !!