Am I "too old" for this MbMJ bag?

Go for it! Definitely get the nickel one. Get the one that you love!

I love the quality of the leather on MBMJ bags although I don't own any of the MJ collection to really compare. However, what I do find interesting is that many of the MBMJ bags seem to resell on ebay for a much higher percentage of the original retail price than the collection bags do. Of course it depends on the actual bag.

All in all I think you deserve to get this bag! Definitely get it from Zappos so you can decide without worrying about the hassle of returning. Post pics if you get it!

Well first off, I'm happy to know there are other teachers on this forum who love MJ bags!! I'm a teacher too!!

What grade do you teach? I am sooooo ready for summer! I love my students, but I have a colleague that always says, "I'm a teacher for three reasons, June, July and August." There are days when I have to say I agree, but most of the time it's a great job!

i have the flower bag in red, got so many compliments on it!

i say black...metallic bags worry me as the color is prone to wear off.

Really? I didn't know that about metallic bags? Anyone else have this problem...it's definitely something to consider.

Congrats on your red bag, it's super cute! Do you have pics you could post??

I know it isn't the same as teaching k-12 but I just finished doing grades for the semester!! I will be teaching a six week summer class started in mid may but then will be off from late june until early september again!

yay for teaching!

(and I hope you know I wasn't offended by your initial inquiry.. I have felt that way about certain trends too... possible being too old for them and what not. It's a reasonable question for sure!!) :yes:

I say go for it if you love it!!

I don't think you're too old for that bag at all.... it's never too late to add a little fun to your outfit!

Another teacher here! (2nd grade and a bit older than 25) And I say go for it! It's adorable and of the two, I prefer the nickel. I just ordered a Turnlock Teri tote from zappos and it's great, but I love that I have the option to return it for free just in case it doesn't work out. Good luck deciding and hang in there until summer! It's just around the corner!

I saw the black one at Nordie's and fell in love with it. I think it's a beautiful bag. If you want to be low-profile and classic, I'd go with the black. But if your style is more trendy and fun I'd go with the nickel.

I thought it was a very nice quality bag, btw... nicely made. ;)

I didn't fondle it, nor did I sniff it, but it sure was pretty sitting there in the Charlotte, NC Nordstrom store! I see that Zappos.com (free overnight shipping!) has this bag in a couple of colors right now, so, as someone older, I'd advise you to order one from them, then decide if you are in love with it. If not, Zappos will let you return it with no return shipping costs!

And no tax! - That's my "older" advice as well. I've found the MbMJ bags to be very high quality.

Thanks everyone for your advice! I'm still rolling it around in my brain!

I saw the black one at Nordie's and fell in love with it. I think it's a beautiful bag. If you want to be low-profile and classic, I'd go with the black. But if your style is more trendy and fun I'd go with the nickel.

I thought it was a very nice quality bag, btw... nicely made. ;)

I know what you mean about classic v. trendy. I think I'd prefer the black because it's more versatile, and I don't know if I could pull off a metallic bag! It's definitely something to consider!