Am I too old and dull for a CdC bracelet??

Is there an age limit for a CdC??

• Certainly not!

• Basically not, but depending a bit on the whole look/style.

• Perhaps there will be a time to consider something more conservative..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nankali

O.G.
Aug 30, 2009
First of all, referring to the title, I can imagine there are many 40-year-old and 40+ who absolutely ROCK the CdC braclet. But, I have huge doubts about being one of those lucky ladies. Still, here I am, all of a sudden in a situation where I am seriously considering to buy one of those for myself. But first I would love to hear what you all think! :cutesy:
Ok, I have the opportunity to get a gold tadelact CdC with PHW, I am 40years old, a mom and very (and I repeat very) classic with my clothing. I could be dressed like this: white linen pants, beige cashmere cardigan and orange Oran sandals or Tod's loafers, perhaps an H mousseline or silk around my neck and a Picotin or a Kelly in my arm. I am far away from those fashion bloggers or fashion editors, usually in their 30s who I usually see wearing a CdC. And I also suppose that the ladies here on tPF posting pics of their lovely CdCs are younger than me. :yes:
So, opinions please! Is there an age/style limit for CdC?
I definitely can't see myself wearing a CdC when I am 70, perhaps not even when I am 50 and am I not sure about 45 either... But still, somehow, I have grown to like quite a lot about this bracelet. I just don't know if it is "me" or if I indeed am too old already to get one. And I certainly wouldn't want to spend so much on something that would be only for couple of years. Like many here, I try to think all my H purchases as a long term investments, something to give for my daughters some day.
What do you think, should I take a plunge?? Or perhaps consider something more conservative, a clic clac or or Farandole braclet for example..:thinking: TIA!!

Are you kidding???? Of course you can wear one!!! Why not? And the one your thinking of getting is perfect! Not something too bold. You dont need to be a fashion blogger or edgy trend-setter to wear them either! Actually, I think that your look would make it more special and interesting as it is not the "Obvious and expected" outfit one may initially think of when CDC comes to mind. That being said though, I never really associate one particular look with the CDC. I think it can be worn with hard or soft outfits. I wear mine with my leather legggings and also with my soft pink chiffon ruffle dress...!!! I say get it, love it and wear it. It always comes down to confidence. Somone can wear anything if they are confident and it usually looks good because that pride and love for the item shines through...happy shopping! HTH!

Oooo darling om I'm not 40 but I can tell you this if your style is what I imagine I'll paint a picture ( classic clean line minimalistic grace Kelly easy pristine chic) then a CDC is wonderful in this combo because it ads an edge without being aggressive it almost matches the class comfort of tods offering up a very composed yet on trend style. The CDC gives you this as it preforms as a modern day bangle with a unique look, I think that by wha t you describe you will be fine wearing it if you feel it overpowers you then maybe wear it in a loose manner so that it gives you more of a effortless chic look. Hope it helps but I say ...........GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, go for it! There is no age limit for CDC. It's how you incorporate the cuff into your outfit that matters. I'm approaching 40, and I never thought a CDC is too young for me. A CDC is nothing more than an interesting cuff.

Ahem..I would be one of the *gasp* old gals who is impossibly conservative. Read, blue or black suits by day, perhaps an Escada Boucle suit in summer, and I occasionally wear a CDC. They are fun, and against a conservative pallette wardrobe I think they are perfect. Gosh, I don't think of 40 as all that OLD~and my dear, you should not either.

Nankali! I am older than you and older than our dear TT too! I
love to dress in classics too, as do you. I have had two CDC braclets for a few years,
a Fauve with PHW, and Black with GHW and wouldn't give them up for anything! I love
wearing them as they are considered a "classic" of H. My SA told me a story that they
have been around a very long time ( I'm sure alot of our experts can tell us how long),
and was created for a lady to wear while walking her dog. So many stylish ladies from
the past were CDC lovers, for example, one of the most chic was Diane Vreeland, who
always wore hers, and I think she wore her's into her 60's and 70's !They have been a beautiful example of Hermes glamour at it's best down through the ages!!! Now go get
your gorgeous bracelet!!

Oooo darling om I'm not 40 but I can tell you this if your style is what I imagine I'll paint a picture ( classic clean line minimalistic grace Kelly easy pristine chic) then a CDC is wonderful in this combo because it ads an edge without being aggressive it almost matches the class comfort of tods offering up a very composed yet on trend style. The CDC gives you this as it preforms as a modern day bangle with a unique look, I think that by wha t you describe you will be fine wearing it if you feel it overpowers you then maybe wear it in a loose manner so that it gives you more of a effortless chic look. Hope it helps but I say ...........GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with birkel, GO FOR IT, I did....

Ahem..I would be one of the *gasp* old gals who is impossibly conservative. Read, blue or black suits by day, perhaps an Escada Boucle suit in summer, and I occasionally wear a CDC. They are fun, and against a conservative pallette wardrobe I think they are perfect. Gosh, I don't think of 40 as all that OLD~and my dear, you should not either.

Another suit wearer by day person here! I wear CDCs with suits at times and a lot with casual wear. And here is a nice story..
My mom who is 82 was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in August. I was at her house wearing my white CDC and she said, "hey, I want that"..sort of joking but she said "can I wear it for a while, it looks fun and will make me think of you and smile". So my mom has been rocking the CDC, to doctor appts, etc.

Hi Nankali, I'm an "old" woman in my 40's too, with neutral and classic taste, but I do love my CDC.
In fact, I prefer this bracelet without a too "rocky" look. IMO sometimes it is "too much"...

I attach an old pic with my elephant CDC, one beige cardi and my Etoupe MM Pico... Classic and boring taste here too :lol::lol:

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 630
Oh my Nankali! When 40 y.o. got started to be called "old?" I'm older than you, and am thinking to buy a CdC or two IN THE FUTURE!... because CdC looks rock 'n' roll if we are too young. And you would look stunning with it in your clean, elegant outfit.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you feel that it no longer suits you in five or ten years' time, you can always sell it, or give it to a DD, DDIL or DN, but don't let your age keep you from wearing something you think you'd love now if you can afford it!

In the photo FrenchSandra posted above, she's wearing a very similar outfit to the one you described and looks absolutely perfect with her CDC. (Lovely photo, FrenchSandra!)

Love the shawl and bag in your avatar too, OP. I say buy the CDC and love it.

Having lived thru the punk era, I feel the CDC is a throw back to that era, so having been there, done that -- and now I'm a lot older these days, over-analyzation plagues my choices for good or ill. When lust for the ombre lizard took me iso the KDT, none were to be had in a small in the US.

My SA found the Kelly Dog and I thought to self -- keep an open mind about it and just give it a look see. To my surprise I liked it a lot and it came home. My take is it's not as punk or masculine looking as the CDC. (That's just my take folks and we're all about diversity in taste.) About 2 weeks post purchase of the Dog, the SA called to say she located a KDT. By then the Dog and I had bonded and I actually like the Dog more than the KDT!

OMG, I'm 58! and rock my 4 CDC's if I do say so myself. Looking to add 1 more. Can"t tell you how many compliments I get whenever I wear one. I can't say I'm an extremely conservative dresser but I am an EXTREMELY neutral colored dresser. I wear large hoop earrings, a large watch and CDC's along with other leather bracelets and cuffs....no necklaces ever. GET IT...you won't regret it....go for it girl!