am i to fat for a classique

I am 5' 6" and a size 6 with a muscular build and i don't feel comfortable with the First. I feel its too small and doesn't flatter me. But if you are comfortable with it, i don't see a problem....and if you dont carry a lot of stuff...the first doesn't hold much..

*****stuff deleted*****

Choose your bag based on how you want to use it and how much you'll be putting in it at the time. Our weight is irrelevant here.

DITTO! I'm very curvy myself, wearing a US size 12 at only 5'4", and if there's anything I've learned about purchasing premium designer items it's that the handbags you pick are always the right size FOR YOU not matter what you look like. Clothes are a different story altogether, but aren't relevant to this thread, anyway!

As others before me have said, pick the Bbag you want based on how much use you'll be getting out of it, or how much stuff you usually carry. I don't have any Firsts because I carry way too much stuff to warrant buying one. I do, however, love Days and Twiggys because they not only carry all my stuff handily, but they also suit my and my needs well.

Don't forget to post pics on the handbag you decide to get...

We are all very supportive here. You will never hear any of us call anyone fat. We are all beautiful! I am a size 14 and I carry a First. It looks great! As long as you are healthy and happy, that is all that matters. Carry whichever bag makes you happy!!!

Okay - I can speak to this. I'm no longer a size 18 - but I was, when I bought my first B-bag (so yeah - a b-bag makes you thinner!!!!) I'm a size 14-16 now though - WAY bigger than most of the girls on this forum. I'm five foot five.

My DH thinks the First looks BEST on me. I have to say I like it too, although I'm still insecure. First of all, he thinks the bright colors that I have them in - and the style - is the best of all Balenciaga, and so, as an accessory, they add the most to my look.

A big bag doesn't make us look smaller anyway - and a small bag can be just the right eye candy that pulls the eye in the middle of an outfit. You can delicately hold the first by its handles in front of you or on your wrist - and I think it totally makes someone my size look great.

The City, while it holds more (and I carry mine daily) doesn't have quite the punch as a bright First - unless you get it in a bright color (you'll want one eventually).

But, I'm considering collecting more Firsts - because of all the motorcycle styles, it's the one that really contains the original Balenciaga charm to the Nth degree and, well, I personally can't imagine someone my size carrying, say, an Eggplant Work (we'd both just be...big).

I am getting a Magenta City - I've got enough confidence in myself now, stylewise, that I think it will work for me. I'm too shy to post pictures yet - but, well - you should really think about how elegant a small bag looks in the hands of nearly everyone.

Anything smaller than a First would be lost on me, btw. But the first really works well for us bigger gals (I think).

Oh boy. I don't feel like such an alien here anymore. I was thinking I was the only 50 year old overweight person on this forum. Addicted to these beautiful bags that I see these beautiful women modeling.

So let me tell you what I did. For my first bag (1 month ago) I chose a grenat and in the twiggy style. When I went to BalNY i actually tried on a beautiful red, it was a day style, and also the VG in a day. They really drew me toward them, but I thought I was too big to carry it off. That it would call attention to my "large shape". So I played it safe and went with the grenat twiggy. Don't get me wrong. The bag is beautiful and so is the color. But my heart is with those bright beautiful colors in that larger, slouchier (is that a word?) shape. So now I am on the waitlist for the new red and maybe blue for fall.

As all the women here said, get what your heart is set on. What you will love. I didn't follow my heart and now I will probably have to hassle selling on ebay to afford the ones I lust after.

Good luck and go for the yellow in whatever you like best!!!

YEAAA I'm not the only one either! I'm part of this group too!!:tup:

I'm a size 14-16... 5'9 and ALMOST 50!

I agree with the others... go with the size bag and color you love!! I have bags in different sizes and shapes for my different needs and moods.
Currently I have an Aqua Giant Part Time - I think it's a great size - and I love that I can use it over my shoulder! and.... I JUST received a giant DAY.. I think it may be my new love/obsession!! I LOVE the size, the slouchyness -- and it's classy yet kinda fun! :heart:
I have to admit that I've been worried about choosing a bag style/color that is too "young" looking on me... so I know what you are going thru! - you want to make the best decisions for a bag you will LOVE - especially when it's a $$ INVESTMENT!!!!!

The way I look at it - the First is so attention grabbing, unless a person has a reason to be judging my a$$, they won't even notice it.

BTW, my husband says guys do like a woman who is well turned out - so maybe it's not my imagination that a B-bag is a genuine headturner (a lot of guys like rivets and fringe).

But I digress. There are only a very few outfits/occasions where I'd where a black First or a black Twiggy (I want both - with silver hardware) - but a brightly colored First? Oh my. I think you'll find you wear it a lot - and I reserve my Rouille First as an anti-depressant.

You go girl!

Sweetheart, it doesn't matter what size OR shape you are!

OWN that bag! ROCK that bag! LOVE that bag! Get the color you want in the shape (of the bag!!) you want!!

Can't wait to hear your final decision!
That is very sweet! I do sometimes feel that most of the girls modeling these bags are tiny so it makes some of us feel out of place, but your comment is surely appreciated. I buy what I like, I just happen to like bigger bags.

i agree with the others girls. who cares if you like it? I mean, i can understand your feelings cause i'm an 8/10 but i've been a 16/18. you have to choose what you like, 'cause if you choose something only because you think it's better for your size you wont appear happy as you should be with the new bag. i'm quite sure that if you'll buy the bag you really desire and not the one you wrongly think can match with your size, you'll feel satisfied.
I suggest the twiggy, but not for your size only 'cause i like this style :yes:

I don't think anyone on the forum would say that you're too big - esp for a bbag! I think that if you're still unsure, then maybe try both the city and the first on, and see which one you feel most comfortable in. In the end, it's about how YOU feel, not what others think.