Am I thinking too much? i need help choosing a new bag!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. so, it all started last sunday. i have been carrying my Chloe Paddy for awhile now and was thinking about carrying one of my Louis again... then I saw one of my church person... young girl.. may be around 19 yrs... carrying denim neo speedy... the very same bag that i was thinking about... in same beautiful blue.. then i start to wonder, did she have that all this time? because it looked pretty new (vachetta was light)... mine is a little more loved... the problem is.. i really don't like having someone carry the same bag as me at such a close proximity...it makes it seem less special.. and starting to wonder if she bought it after seeing mine... not that it would change anything. so... i have been searching high and low for another bag that i can carry that is unique and not over the top expensive... i have my multicolor speedy, but felt it was big. (neo speedy is perfect size!) n the bedford is too shiny... any suggestions? a new LV under 1000?? nothing too wide spread? ( meaning no speedys n NF)

2. Hmm are you thinking of getting something brand new or pre-loved? I think with your budget you'll be able to get pre-loved limited edition bags at consignment shops, etc. Maybe another limited edition speedy?

3. #3 Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    If you want something that no one else ever has it will have to be custom made or it'll be far less likely if it's ultra-expensive (like the $15,000 bag another tpf'er revealed). Someone else will still have any purse you buy. Why does that matter? It makes it less special because you saw ONE person with a bag you have? Seriously??? If you want an LV that's only $1000 (that's not a lot in the land of LV) you will find someone else that has whatever you buy. Not being mean. Just being honest.

Edit: Not being snarky cuz your price range is my range too ($1000-$1500) but more people will have the same bag in that price range.

4. There are quite a number of less common bags, so it really depends on what you like and what community you are in. Perhaps you could consider getting a LE bag (pre-loved or new with tags). Usually those will be less of a common sight, but of course there's no guarantee you won't run into bag twins.

5. thank u to all for the replies... i really don't mind running into bag twins and i am not looking to get a bag that no one else has but i just wasnt fond of the idea of having the girl have the same bag as me when i will be seeing her often...(small church) and i do want a new bag.. just something different...

6. what do u think of delightful or totally??

7. Maybe you should visit the boutique and see what catches your eye. If you are bothered by a bag twin, then sell the bag in question and upgrade to something new.