Am I the only person who thinks Louboutins are overrated?

Oh dear. I don't think you'll ever meet as staunch a supporter and admirer of M.Louboutin as myself.

At last count, I have over 80 pairs of Louboutins, and am expecting 6 more pairs from the current season.

I was a Manolo girl all the way, but ventured into Louboutin to purchase a pair of special occasion shoes about 3 years ago. They were absolutely gorgeous and I had resigned myself to not dancing that night because at 110mm (4+ inches), I thought I would be in pain (at the time, Manolo designs favored 85mm). Lo and behold, at 4am, after wearing down the dance floor, I was the one suggesting to my crew we hit up the hotspot next door for more dancing. I was officially a convert.

M.Louboutin's designs have only gotten better with each season, IMO. In his collections from around the time I became a convert, his designs oozed SEX, as was his intention. The woman wearing his shoes demanded attention, knew she was sexy and didn't make excuses for herself. But with each season, you can see that more of his designs have taken on a SENSUALITY instead of an overt SEXINESS. The woman wearing his shoes today is the charming, refined, confident woman with that certain je ne sais quoi, not the sexpot of seasons past.

And to speak of quality, you'd be hard pressed to find another designer who puts so much passion, thought and care into his designs. I'm not suggesting his shoes do not have flaws -- I've had a pair of espadrilles fray and a pair of pigalles that didn't quite stand up right on one heel (which my SA apologetically took back, and replaced with another pair immediately and then had the New York PR woman call me the day after).

IMO, I part with my hard-earned (believe me, it's HARD-EARNED - 65 hour workweeks!) cash at my favorite boutique because M.Louboutin understands that the shoe on a woman's foot is not only an extension of her body (and must be comfortable), but her sense of self.

(Gosh, does this sound like a PR plug for Louboutin? *blush* Sorry, ladies! I just love my Loubies!)

ur entitled ur own opinion but for me they are the most comfortable shoes in the world. I used to wear only flats cuz i couldn't walk 5 mins in heels. Last yr i got my first pair of cl's and i fell in love. I can wear them for so long and not feel any pain. They finish off my outfits. I also get countless compliments and that makes 'em even more special.

I agree:yes:

Overpriced? Probably. Overrated? I really don't think so.

I think that their 4" and 5" heels are some of the most comfortable out there. I own everything from Max Azria to CL, Manolo, etc... and I think they are great. Like any shoe, CL has some styles that I think are ugly, but that doesn't ruin the brand as a whole or the styles I love.

I think the very prive peep toe styles are some of the sexiest shoes out there hands down. Nothing can beat those.

ITA!! :tup: i LOVE my CL's!

I have always been addicted to shoes, especially heels and I have always felt the higher the better. Of course my feet would hurt every day after wearing heels (note that I live in NYC, so I walk everywhere), but ever since I purchased my first pair of CLs almost 4 years ago, I rarely purchase any other shoes besides CLs. I now own a ridiculous collection of CLs (over 30 pairs at last count, sometimes that # makes me sick when I think about how much money I've spent on shoes) because they are truly the most comfortable shoes that I own. I can walk around the city in CLs all day and my feet are not in pain, and running after a cab on NYC streets is not easy, even in flats.
So not only are the shoes incredibly comfortable but they are very sexy. But yes, often times I do think that the shoes are very expensive considering that most shoes are over $700 with the exception of the basic styles.

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I hear a lot of people talking about how you pay so much for a shoe that you may ruin...seriously...how hard do you try to ruin a shoe??? Especially CL's which are so well made...Besides, for the gazillionth time on here, half of the appeal is the comfort you get. Yes, some of the designs are simple, but hello...do you need more than a red heel to spice it up?? I love CL's, and like someone else mentioned on here, everyone's taste is different and I too don't find Choo's or Manolo's too appealing (and they look like they hurt). I've found my niche and I'm gonna stick to it, even if they are $500 + a pair...they're sooooo worth it!!

oh...i forgot one thing...about the simple styles...would you really rather pay all that money on a trendy weird style that is gonna become dated??? I think it only makes sense for him to do classic styles, because you'll wear them forever...

oh...i forgot one thing...about the simple styles...would you really rather pay all that money on a trendy weird style that is gonna become dated??? I think it only makes sense for him to do classic styles, because you'll wear them forever...

I agree with this. I actually have a really light step so I don't think I've ever worn out a pair of shoes in my life (I have Doc Martins from about 13 years ago when they were popular that basically look new!) I would much rather pay big money for classic shoes than trendy shoes. If I want trendy, I'll pick up an $80 pair at Aldo to wear for a season.

I do think it is important to remember that everyone has different tastes. I personally think ankle boots are hideous but I understand that some people really love them. Nothing wrong with that. Different tastes are what make life interesting. It would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing. There would also be no point to a forum like this b/c we'd be posting literally the same picture again and again...

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I hear a lot of people talking about how you pay so much for a shoe that you may ruin...seriously...how hard do you try to ruin a shoe??? Especially CL's which are so well made...Besides, for the gazillionth time on here, half of the appeal is the comfort you get. Yes, some of the designs are simple, but hello...do you need more than a red heel to spice it up?? I love CL's, and like someone else mentioned on here, everyone's taste is different and I too don't find Choo's or Manolo's too appealing (and they look like they hurt). I've found my niche and I'm gonna stick to it, even if they are $500 + a pair...they're sooooo worth it!!

I think that everyone's taste is different and CLs definitely look classic but I would totally disagree on comfort level. They really lack it. And for the price, it's unacceptable, imo. I can find a pair of Betsey Johnson with a hot pink sole or Stuard Weitzman with a red sole that are comfy and so much less. Choo and Manolos ARE comfortable, I know that not from merely looking at them but actually trying on, comparing and owning them. I have like 90 pairs and Choos and the most comfy high heels I own. Followed by Manolos and Via Spiga. Even people on this forum say that CLs are uncomfy, I've read quite a few remarks about it. Not trying to knock CLs down by any means, but if CL comfyness justifies the sky-high price, I really feel sorry for the owners!