Am I the only one ...

specme

O.G.
Jan 22, 2011
Katy Tx
That buys preowned Louis Vuittons ?
The last brand new from the boutique item I got was the mono zippy coin purse when it first came out.
By buying preowned ,I can buy more because of what I save off the retail price .
My next purchase I want is the ebene Neverfull GM . But I'm afraid to buy preowned that if I have an issue with the straps,that LV won't fix it bc I didn't buy it from the store .

benswife2007

MemesTreasures
O.G.
Dec 31, 2010
Houston Texas
www.memestreasures.com
If the bag is less than a year old and you know the orginal owner you can say the bag was a gift if you have problems with the straps. I got a bag I purchased off ebay replaced with a new on in the houston boutique just by giving the girls name and they saw the bag was only 10 months old. However if the bag is older than a year they will repair it but you will have to pay out of pocket for it.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I buy pre-loved bags if they have been discontinued. I have an Antigua MM and Cassis Speedy 30. I have another LE on the way. I would buy a bag that is currently available on the secondary market if it was in good shape. There is nothing wrong with it. I take excellent care of my bags and so do many others. We all fall out of love with bags so it is better to give them a loving home.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
If the bag is less than a year old and you know the orginal owner you can say the bag was a gift if you have problems with the straps. I got a bag I purchased off ebay replaced with a new on in the houston boutique just by giving the girls name and they saw the bag was only 10 months old. However if the bag is older than a year they will repair it but you will have to pay out of pocket for it.
Thank you for posting that - I did not know this!

jxwilliams

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
I do too! I can't bear to pay full price for anything...if you are patient, you can find a bag used 1-2x at 30% or more off...plus no tax!

macska

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
World Traveller
I buy pre-loved bags if they have been discontinued. I have an Antigua MM and Cassis Speedy 30. I have another LE on the way. I would buy a bag that is currently available on the secondary market if it was in good shape. There is nothing wrong with it. I take excellent care of my bags and so do many others. We all fall out of love with bags so it is better to give them a loving home.
Same here for the discontinued and sending on my pre-LVoed to loving new homes when I've grown out of loving them. And certainly if it's a great deal on a mint condition item, I will definitely go for it!

So no, you're not alone :smile:

Fitqueen

Jan 15, 2012
Hamilton, GA
That buys preowned Louis Vuittons ?
The last brand new from the boutique item I got was the mono zippy coin purse when it first came out.
By buying preowned ,I can buy more because of what I save off the retail price .
My next purchase I want is the ebene Neverfull GM . But I'm afraid to buy preowned that if I have an issue with the straps,that LV won't fix it bc I didn't buy it from the store .
Hi, where did you buy your Artsy Mono MM? I am new to this forum and getting ready to buy my first LV. I have wanted one for a long time and trying to decide if I should buy new from the store or find a very good one on ebay? Thanks!

Last edited:

specme

O.G.
Jan 22, 2011
Katy Tx
Hi, where did you buy your Artsy Mono MM? I am new to this forum and getting ready to buy my first LV. I have wanted one for a long time and trying to decide if I should buy new from the store or find a very good one on ebay? Thanks!
I got mine from jills consignment.com . I've also seen a few on bonanza and eBay lately . If you buy from the last 2 have them authenticated on here,just to be safe ! They go really fast on the secondary market.. One plus for buying a preowned one is that is already broken in and the handle is comfy !

Fitqueen

Jan 15, 2012
Hamilton, GA
I got mine from jills consignment.com . I've also seen a few on bonanza and eBay lately . If you buy from the last 2 have them authenticated on here,just to be safe ! They go really fast on the secondary market.. One plus for buying a preowned one is that is already broken in and the handle is comfy !
Hi, great info, thanks! I will certainly authenticate here before buying on the secondary market. Have you enjoyed that style- the artsy mm?

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Only two of my bags I've bought fresh from the store, my Speedy and Neverfull GM Ebene (I bought it a few days ago from the store because of the reasons you listed OP). The others have all been pre-owned, mainly because I love Mono, but hate how long it takes to patina, so I buy pre-owned with that gorgeous honey tan :girlsigh: being cheaper is also a nice bonus.

All my SLGs and 3/4 scarves have all been store-bought. I don't think there is anything at all wrong with buying pre-owned.