Am I The Only One?!

Right now I'm the same way. Sometimes it just takes looking at the bags I currently own and I feel that same high I get from purchasing new bags. It isnt a bad feeling at all. Btw Epicurus's quote is one of my favorites. It really puts our consumerist lifestyle in the states in perspective. I do find myself making lists of things I'd still like to own, but it seems like I'm looking for things to buy rather than really wanting them. Before I felt content with my collection, it was as though I was missing something if I didnt have a bag I was saving up for.

Bravo! My exact feeling!

I had this feeling for over a year after getting my HG bag - Mahina L. I felt like there was nothing I really, really wanted to get. So I didn't buy just for the fun of it. Now I really wanted a Vernis Alma, so I got that for myself for christmas. After that I want two Chanels, but I think I'm happy again with my collection after that. And that's good, because after summer I'm going to med school, so I won't have that much money to buy handbags even if I wanted to.

You're not the only one! Sometimes the most important thing is stepping back and breathing it all in. Be content with what you have, otherwise you'll always be searching for more.

p.s. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was special :smooch:

Last edited:
Well done! It's not necessarily about self control (for me) but I always leave and come back to LV. Some seasons I just find their product offering a little dull and I'll get into other brands.

Perhaps shop around and see if anything else catches your eye?

I kind of struggle with this too....which is my fault because I buy throughout the year and when it comes to my birthday (dec) I always think boy I need to get something special and it doesn't happen...but then what ends up is I come to appreciate small sentimental things like daughter rushing to my room in the morning to wish me happy birthday....

After having chased handbags all over the place and filling my closet, I then went into editing mode and cleaned out.
Now I really think about what I have and buy 1 or 2 bags per year.
I'm happy with what I have now. I have 1 bag coming, another one I'm interested in for 2011, and may add 1 more toward the end of 2011. I'm much happier with this carefully edited purse closet.
Happy birthday to you Bunifa! Hope it was a good one!

Yes! Hubby wanted to take me to the King of Prussia store yesterday. It's not exactly around the corner either. Part of me wanted to go (badly), but something else inside me said to enjoy what I already have.

You're not the only one! Sometimes the most important thing is stepping back and breathing it all in. Be content with what you have, otherwise you'll always be searching for more.

p.s. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was special :smooch:

Thank you so much! I had a great birthday! You are so right about searching for more when you're not content. I am very appreciative of all I have!

I personally believe that being on the forum makes people believe that they need to rush out and get more LV, because LV is what we talk about on here. I have learned to live vicariously through others, until I am sure of the purchase I want to make at an LV boutique. With the amount of the reveals on here, it would make one think that people are always out there buying LV. We should definitely enjoy our pieces to the fullest extent.

I personally believe that being on the forum makes people believe that they need to rush out and get more LV, because LV is what we talk about on here. I have learned to live vicariously through others, until I am sure of the purchase I want to make at an LV boutique. With the amount of the reveals on here, it would make one think that people are always out there buying LV. We should definitely enjoy our pieces to the fullest extent.

True dat, true dat... Right on brotha!

Happy birthday!
I, too, sometimes have to stop and say to myself that I'm really lucky to have all of the wonderful LV bags and accessories that I have and that I need to enjoy what I have. I think I, too, am always loving the anticipattion of that next bag, but really there are times when there is nothing that I absolutely want that I don't already have.

:goodpost: I hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your day.

Belated birthday wishes to you!!! it's happened to me before, sometimes I take a break from shopping all together. It helps that I stay away from malls as much as possible, unless I have a planned purchase.. I am tempted enough by being on this site.

Absolutely - I just celebrated my birthday with a bag a few days ago. But now Christmas is coming. My husband asked for a list of things so he could get me a present. I want nothing so I asked for an immersion blender . . . I bought him a Rolex and he knows it so he is freaking out. But I am truly happy and he spoils me everyday. I know he thinks it is a trick, but it is good appreciate what we have. Happy Birthday to you! I's really rather a nice card.