Am I The Only One?!

Bunifa

Nov 25, 2010
So I just got home from the mall and didn't even get myself anything even though it's my birthday. I was planning on getting the bag charm along with the galliera mono pm. Do you guys ever feel like you already have too much and should really take a moment to reflect and be grateful for what you already have? I was really proud of myself for having a bit of self-control.

This happened to me on my birthday (well sorta)

I went and enjoyed the day, went to LV, I had enough $ to buy whatever I wanted in the store but just part of me for some reason was either undeicided/confused or just lost interest at the moment... so weird and hard to explain!

I do feel I have enough but if buying more is not affecting my sole responsibilities (bills to survive) then I have no problem, but there are times where I just draw a blank and walk with nothing... very odd

i guess...
if it happens more and more frequently, it's probably time to change brands...
or that's what happened to me, I still like LV, but it's very different now...

I had a day off work today and went out to look for a Christmas present 'from DH' with a nice 'budget' agreed. I went to LV, Coach and Holt Renfrew and saw a lot of nice things but nothing I wanted enough to spend that much money on. I ended up buying only a refill for my eyeglass cleaner and lunch - how boring!

i guess...
if it happens more and more frequently, it's probably time to change brands...
or that's what happened to me, I still like LV, but it's very different now...

I think the "problem" was having too much already! I'm very content and will take a big break!

I had a day off work today and went out to look for a Christmas present 'from DH' with a nice 'budget' agreed. I went to LV, Coach and Holt Renfrew and saw a lot of nice things but nothing I wanted enough to spend that much money on. I ended up buying only a refill for my eyeglass cleaner and lunch - how boring!

Not boring at all! I totally understand!

I agree with both you and DesigningStyle - content is good! While I do love LV, I don't just buy it because I can. I am generally very content with all I have, which I worked hard for. I always of course have things on my wishlist, and I'll treat myself for an occasion, like graduating college this past May. I do also get that weird, "drawing a blank" feeling when nothing hits me or calls my name. When I get that way, it's almost like I can breathe a sigh of relief! I won't leave disappointed or with a much lighter wallet, but I'm still happy!

Right now I'm the same way. Sometimes it just takes looking at the bags I currently own and I feel that same high I get from purchasing new bags. It isnt a bad feeling at all. Btw Epicurus's quote is one of my favorites. It really puts our consumerist lifestyle in the states in perspective. I do find myself making lists of things I'd still like to own, but it seems like I'm looking for things to buy rather than really wanting them. Before I felt content with my collection, it was as though I was missing something if I didnt have a bag I was saving up for.