Am I the only one..

Jul 5, 2007
I love some of the bags that coach has come out with... But my only problem is that they seem sooo trendy. Since I am not able to buy one every month. I am afraid of being trendy bags. I love the more classic, looks. That could be used all the time... am I the only one??

I want some ERGOS....

I think a lot of the newer bags are more trendy than we've come to expect from Coach. I still think they offer a lot of classic styles especially in basic hobos and totes though. And to be honest, even most of the trendier styles I think will still be fairly fashionable later down the line. ...I forgot what else I was going to say :tdown:

Edit: Oh! I remembered! I agree with preferring more classic styles. I think Coach is kind of progressing toward offering more and more trendy bags but I don't think it will go much further. Those who have been fans for awhile expect classic styles and I think it would be a mistake to abandon that ideal altogether.

I agree. I have not purchased any newer bags. And I have not jumped on the Sabrina bandwagon. Sure its a cute bag, but not my style. I am using this time to find older Legacys that I can now afford because I have saved my money by not buying into the new styles.
I guess the newer styles look to "girly" to me. I look the more rugged look with my Mandy and Leigh. I guess I like a lot of hardwear on them. I need a bag that works with my everyday t-shirt and jeans:tup:

I love both, but then I'm not afraid to carry an item that's considered to be out of date. I just keep the rest of my outfit current and throw in that one thing...be it a vintage item or whatever. I LOVE doing that, but then I guess one could say I'm a very eclectic person!! If I love the bag or whatever, I won't give it up till it wears out basically. But I'm also somewhat of a collector too.

I do understand your point, though, and I agree that a lot of the current styles are very trendy. Back a few years ago I wouldn't touch Coach because I thought most of their bags looked too "old lady" to me. I think I really started noticing Coach around 2005, although I do like some of the old truly vintage classics too.

I love both, but then I'm not afraid to carry an item that's considered to be out of date. I just keep the rest of my outfit current and throw in that one thing...be it a vintage item or whatever. I LOVE doing that, but then I guess one could say I'm a very eclectic person!! If I love the bag or whatever, I won't give it up till it wears out basically. But I'm also somewhat of a collector too.

I love this attitude about not being afraid to carry something that might be considered out of date. I think 99% of people do not care what bag you carry anyway. If it makes you feel happy and confident, go with it! I still wear bags I got in high school (though I am only 23, so that's not necessarily saying much).

I do still prefer more classic styles though. I think Coach found a nice middle ground with some classic stuff and some trendy. I hope they keep a nice happy medium.

I agree. I have not purchased any newer bags. And I have not jumped on the Sabrina bandwagon. Sure its a cute bag, but not my style. I am using this time to find older Legacys that I can now afford because I have saved my money by not buying into the new styles.
I guess the newer styles look to "girly" to me. I look the more rugged look with my Mandy and Leigh. I guess I like a lot of hardwear on them. I need a bag that works with my everyday t-shirt and jeans:tup:

I fully agree! If you look below at the bags in my collection, you can see I like the more rugged, classic styles Coach used to make. (I had a Mandy and took it back to the outlet...stupid!!!) I also have about 15 of Coach bags from 15-20 years ago...sometimes I pull one out and really get comments about how neat it is. I've bought some at outlet here lately but tried to stay as classic as I could...it's not easy! Coach...please bring back the real thing!

I think I really started noticing Coach around 2005, although I do like some of the old truly vintage classics too.

baglady39...I'm the same way. I have bags 15-20 years ago, then coach didn't interest me. Around 2005 I started noticing them again and collecting bags. Their line right now just isn't doing it for me. I go to FP and just can't find a bag that I am willing to spend the money on. I've found myself the last several months starting to browse at other lines. I'd love to see Coach go back to some real leather and some hardware!

I can't get into the new styles either. My collection consists of black 06 Legacy shoulder, Whiskey Ali, Camel leather Carly, Whiskey Legacy flap (which I barely use) and today I added the plum large Carly and a red patent large Ergo.

I do feel complete except for my Francine or Luci, those will come some day. I just can't believe these classic styles are either gone, or on their way out! But not being drawn to the newer stuff really makes me feel like I'm boring lol. At least I have purple and red now!

I can't get into the new styles either so you are not alone. I carry my four Ali's, a Mandy, a Leigh, Five Bleeker Duffles, Ergo totes (2), Ergo Hobos (2), Thompson Hobo, Bleeker Felicia and an Espresso Julianne. It is okay by me though as I have plenty to carry and I do love my collection as it is. The only bag I would like to add to my collection this year is a Madison Shoulder Bag in either violet, lavender, gray or green. I saw the Parker collection at Macy's and was not impressed at all. Coach has become too trendy and I really don't care much for the newer styles. Hopefully they will make a nice 70th Anniversary collection for the year 2011 - perhaps they might revisit the Ali, 2006 shoulder bag and Mandy in a new colors.

I almost had 2 of one bag type, but with the oxidation on my whiskey satchel, she went home and her black twin stayed.
I'm looking for a classic Willis bag in brown or camel, I'm looking for older hamptons weekend bags in nylon or canvas from 2004, I'm looking for older leather bags from the late 90's. I've trimmed my desires for things that aren't screaming coach, but look classic, classy, timeless and will wear well (and amazingly enough, sometimes those older bags look better over 10yrs than ones more recently worn for 1yr!).
I'll always be a matchy matchy person, which as OCD-ish as it can be for me can also help trim what I would buy... if I can't match something to it (or the lining), then back it goes or I just don't ever consider it. Sure, there is always that limited exception bag (not going to spend 150$ to get a plat . legacy wallet to match my plat. bridgit) because I am going to be thrifty when I'm considering accessories, but I know what my triggers are so I make sure that before I commit to the bag that it's going to obey the pre-set rules for bag children in my house :smile:

Im not a fan of the new Coach items. Ive been using my Ergo everyday for months and its from 07. My fav bag is my 07 Legacy shoulder.
I like styles that are going to last longer than one season.