Am I the only one..

I like the new bags- but they're too trendy to pay so much for. Some trends, such as colour, I don't mind. It'll come back eventually, or if you love it there's no sense in waiting until its back in style. But some of the stuff is very "now." A little too now, for what Coach is charging.

I'll always be a matchy matchy person, which as OCD-ish as it can be for me can also help trim what I would buy... if I can't match something to it (or the lining), then back it goes or I just don't ever consider it. Sure, there is always that limited exception bag (not going to spend 150$ to get a plat . legacy wallet to match my plat. bridgit) because I am going to be thrifty when I'm considering accessories, but I know what my triggers are so I make sure that before I commit to the bag that it's going to obey the pre-set rules for bag children in my house :smile:

i'm exactly the same way. if i can't match accessories to it, i don't get the bag! :yes:

to the OP, like many others in this thread, i have only been buying the 06/07 legacy. i don't like many of the new styles and those i do like, i don't like enough.i do like the lilac drawstring legacy "spider" pouch but old legacy is still higher on my priority list. :yes:

I agree. I dont like much of the newer stuff, except for my Kristin. That is my baby.
Of course i LOVE my ergos. Those remind me of the older Coach bags of when i got into Coach (around 96).

I wish they would do another SONOMA line. The pebbled leather is soo classic. I understand they have to create new and fresh to go with the times but I feel they should do both, classic and new. Not to mention lower the prices....that will really draw in consumers.

I like a little old and a little new, and a little in-between. I think Coach or any company has to put out trendier things to draw in a new crowd. Then those people become converts and start looking at the older stuff and appreciating it too. :heart:

I think I really started noticing Coach around 2005, although I do like some of the old truly vintage classics too.

baglady39...I'm the same way. I have bags 15-20 years ago, then coach didn't interest me. Around 2005 I started noticing them again and collecting bags. Their line right now just isn't doing it for me. I go to FP and just can't find a bag that I am willing to spend the money on. I've found myself the last several months starting to browse at other lines. I'd love to see Coach go back to some real leather and some hardware!

Yeah, I have to agree about the leather! I absolutely hate Garcia leather, and I'm really not a fan of Olimpic that much (Madison). Some of the new leather is "ok", but I personally prefer the thick heavy leather like the vegetable tanned '07 Legacy or the burnished leather. I'm no wuss when it comes to carrying heavy bags, though, :P...I think part of the reason they went to a thinner leather is because people complained. That, and quite frankly, I'm sure the materials cost less in a lot of cases. I also hate the tiny bags like the small Sabrinas, and they keep introducing more and more tiny bags. That and I'm also not liking the color options, so yes, I agree that I have been shifting to other brands as of late. I really do like some of the new and upcoming stuff, though. I feel a little better, but I'm still not loving the colors like I am with other brands like RM!

I guess since I can only have such a small collection, I rather have bags that I can always use. I love some of the new bags, but they also do not seem so comfy for me. I really want an ergo right now... I mean that. Plus I just found out that I am getting a legacy shoulder bag and that is a bag that I always wanted... I am so happy!! I want a collection of very classic bags...

I agree. I have not purchased any newer bags. And I have not jumped on the Sabrina bandwagon. Sure its a cute bag, but not my style. I am using this time to find older Legacys that I can now afford because I have saved my money by not buying into the new styles.
I guess the newer styles look to "girly" to me. I look the more rugged look with my Mandy and Leigh. I guess I like a lot of hardwear on them. I need a bag that works with my everyday t-shirt and jeans:tup:

ITA!

The Legacy bags look great with casual wear, and also work well for dressier clothes, particularly the Leigh. My Ali(s) maybe not so much. I don't have a Mandy, but I think she would work well with a dressier look, especially with a scarf.