am I the only one??

that is disgusting. It's one thing for some to say in a tactful way you have dry skin but her behavior was totally unacceptable. I hope you included her name in the complaint. Sometimes at the moment when things like this happen we're taken by surprise and don't get names. But you can alway go back. I talked to dept mgr one time to complain about a SA...was told by other SAs that many customers had complained about her. She's still there and other SAs are gone. Guess they have other skills and selling bags (and annyoing customers) is all she can do.

I guess I just expect better service.

oh well. no apology yet. to reply to the poster that said I should get a discount, perhaps I should but after the service...I dont know if Id even use it. the company should be more aware of how they are being represented.

It was probably just that Saks with the bad sales associate.

Don't worry about them, I've had the same thing happen to me when I went to Clinique about a year ago. I was looking at some lipglosses, and asked her about any deals on lotion.

She's all like, "YOUR SKIN IS SO DRY." with a disgusted look on her face.

GEEZ, right? But that doesn't make me hate Clinique though, just that LADY every time I see her at the counter.

I'm starting to think that when a person is interested in buying lotion a few of the SA's will say that the person's skin is dry so they buy the lotion. Kind of like, to make it seem like the person has really bad skin and needs the lotion?? :tdown:

to me that is the wrong approach. if she had offered to do a "skin diagnosis" and perhaps have said, tactfully

"your skin is looking a little dry. would you like to try _______, it will help that."

Some people are just rude. Just take you money else where and report the rude SA. Sorry you had that experience. I sooooo need to get back into the makeup industry. I tell you, I hate hearing these type of stories.

i remember i had a woman at the YSL counter working on my face one time and my face was very dry, which she did mention but in the most polite and tactful way-there was no way anybody could have taken it as offensive. it was probably something along the lines of "oh your face seems to be a little dry probably because of the cold weather lately-this product would be great for those days your skin needs some extra hydration." there's absolutely no need to get nasty and rude-especially since its her job to help you.

How you were treated was awful. Most makeup counter people just seem to be rude and snooty. Maybe it is how they are trained-look down your nose at customers as if they are beneath you and they'll buy lots of merchandise? You would think they would kiss customer butt, considering they work on commission. I love Chanel makeup, but most of the time I pretty much get ignored by the sales people. So, I buy as much of my makeup online as I can. Oh well, I figure it's their (financial) loss.

How rude. I'm sorry she said that to you. The other day I was at MNG and wanted to try on this dress that was a size 4 (i'm a size 2) The saleswoman came up to me and gave me a look and said "i don't think you're gonna be able to fit into a size 4" It really hurt my feelings but I simply told her "look, I know what size I wear."

What the heck is wrong with these sales associates? They're so rude. Some of them even act like they own the store, or they only treat certain people nicely (people who look like they have a lot of $) It makes me so angry.

My friend was just telling me tonight about her friend who went to a cosmetic counter at the mall and the Sales Associate suggested she look into Botox! This girl was in her twenties (and by all accounts gorgeous!)
I swear, some people just are tactless-- or just strange.

Some people are just so utterly stupid beyond help. As ridiculous as that situation was, I wouldn't waste time being angry about it because at the end of the day we all know that idiot is going to be doomed at minimum wage (or around there) for the rest of her working life.

I would have said "Your face is gross, and you DONT have dry skin!" haha, Im so immature.

But seriously, Im glad you Emailed, did you include her name?

Sorry you had to be treated like this, some people need to be slapped.
LOL. Great comeback!

Ugh that lady is so rude. Don't let it get to you. I hate it when sales people are snobby. It's like, get a job where you don't have to deal with people if you're going to be rude and obnoxious.:hysteric:

well i got a reply. they apologized profusely, said they would look into the manner (I gave them the woman's name) and will be sending me some samples. Im very excited to try them out and buy some from any place other than Saks. lol