Am I the only one who's paranoid during my "baby's" debut?

I used to be the same way (even gasped a little when I found a miniscule spot on a Kelly today) but don't get as bothered as I used to. Agent Kittie has the right idea. It's great to have nice things but also be able to use them! lol.

I am also the same way; however, it is really it is more like I hesitate to ever use them at all when I first get them. But once I finally carry my new bag once, then I don't have a problem although I do treat it lovingly. Funny enough, it takes me longer to decide to wear a new scarf than a handbag, especially if it is a scarf I'm really crazy about or searched long and hard to acquire. Perhaps it is because I feel the scarves are even more vulnerable to being damaged (food spills, snags, etc.) :sweatdrop: that I just want to keep them perfect as long as possible. But again, once I wear a scarf once, it is much easier to wear it in the future.

Yea, I'm all pins and needles for two weeks. Then it's business as usual (careful whenever worn and given a quick check prior to its sleeper.)

Thats me!! I don't think its strange, it reflects our love and appreciation of these bags since they didn't come easy and i don't mean money!!! Its the ugly wait that keep us on our toes once we have one :sweatdrop:

when i got my bag in december, i was nervous about the rain but it's held up well in the rain (epsom birkin). and though i was nervous about putting it on the floor in restaurants i'm not so much anymore. i agree with the if you use it more and more it becomes more and more yours.

i'm clumsy though! twice my beloved bag has taken a header (once off a chair it was sharing with my mom's LV, the other time off the passenger seat in my car on the floor), the bag does have an odd center of gravity and luckily it hasn't scratched or anything!

that being said, if i ever got a box bag, i'd be a heck of a lot more careful.

not that i sling my bag around, i promise. :sweatdrop:

Well I don't own an Hermes bag yet (of course, will one day) but I think I would be fairly protective of it if I did - it's not like an ordinary bag, it's like your jewellery, and you don't schlepp that beautiful stuff around too much!

same here, I put it back to the dustbag after the usage, after a month, I don't do it anymore. But I am very careful with the bag just because I am too afraid that the bag will get scatched easily.

I totally know what you mean. i wait forever to take anything out because i want it to stay perfect. i actually have a chanel card holder thats been sitting in my closet for 2 weeks for this reason. once it's out i'm usually a little tense to begin with but then i forget about it. i mean, i'll check it every so often (whatever it is- bag, accessory, clothing) but generally once it's being used it's being used, you know?
I am the exact same way. I haven't even taken the plastic off miss BB:shame: ...I have just walked around the house with her! Bit after I take my bag on the maiden voyage, I am pretty much at ease...it is always just that first step!

i took a bag out today that i've only used twice before... not hermes but lv. i was trying to be sooo careful with her. then, sitting in a cab, i noticed it's starting to get wrinkles on top near the zipper and there looks to be a little scratch in the middle. i was so disappointed because she's been sitting in her dustbag with the stuffing in it for months! how did this happen? but it made me realize i need to just use her and enjoy it and not worry since things will happen even if i don't use them. life's too short and these things cost too much money not to use and enjoy them!

Yea, I'm all pins and needles for two weeks. Then it's business as usual (careful whenever worn and given a quick check prior to its sleeper.)

Yup that's me too!

Now I bet if our DH's & BF's got their dream car after months/years of waiting...they would be equally (or more so) neurotic! I know I've had to walk a bit further just so we can park away from other possible hazards (aka cars, birds, etc.).