Am I the only one who waits to use the new purchases?

Great thread- I thought it was just me! I will bring a bag home, take it out of the box, admire it, put it back in the box, read reviews on TPF, feel guilty about splurging even though I can afford it, admire it some more, agonize about the size (pm, mm?), agonize about the color (mono vs de, noir vs rubis) and then a week or two later start using it...bearing in mind that I've carefully considered the bag and researched colors/patterns before purchasing. What a process

Last edited:
Sometimes I wait, if it has vachetta it will sit on my dresser for 2-3 weeks before use, other times I use my things right away. There is no rhyme or reason, sometimes I'm too busy to really enjoy my purchase, I wait until the house is quiet to open my boxes and use my things :Presents

I just posted this on my Instagram today and it made me think...

Am I the only one who waits sometimes weeks to use their new purchases? I'll take them out, admire them even "play" with them, I'll put my things in them, carry them around the house and figure out what outfits will look best with them... But for some reason I wait... I wait to really use them.

Not sure why. I love all my new goodies and I don't buy things not to get good use out of them. Sometime I'll wait a few days, other times a few weeks, but I always do make sure to use it at least once before the return date / exchange date arrives.

Just curious if your a waiter or an instant user???

View attachment 3346231

I am the same ! Play with them a bit, trying to touch it and sniff them a little bit. Carry around the house and then put them back into the box. I will wait for some period, a few days or a few weeks to really use them.

That makes me really happy and enjoyed my new purchase for quite a while

Great thread- I thought it was just me! I will bring a bag home, take it out of the box, admire it, put it back in the box, read reviews on TPF, feel guilty about splurging even though I can afford it, admire it some more, agonize about the size (pm, mm?), agonize about the color (mono vs de, noir vs rubis) and then a week or two later start using it...bearing in mind that I've carefully considered the bag and researched colors/patterns before purchasing. What a process

Haha! I'm in this boat with my other two items I got for my birthday... My Alma BB in noir (now I'm wondering if I should have gotten it in a different size although I really do love the BB, or if it looks silly on my body frame. I'm in love now with the Cluny and am wondering if I should return BB for her eventually... I could do on my with doubts for days) and I'm doing the same thing with the Sarah Empriente (should I have gotten in a different material, is this durable, will I baby it b/c it's Empriente, should I have gotten the Zippy instead... And so on and so on.)

Ultimately I love what I got and always seem to have to make certain for a few days before using it.

Thanks for sharing.

Haha! I'm in this boat with my other two items I got for my birthday... My Alma BB in noir (now I'm wondering if I should have gotten it in a different size although I really do love the BB, or if it looks silly on my body frame. I'm in love now with the Cluny and am wondering if I should return BB for her eventually... I could do on my with doubts for days) and I'm doing the same thing with the Sarah Empriente (should I have gotten in a different material, is this durable, will I baby it b/c it's Empriente, should I have gotten the Zippy instead... And so on and so on.)

Ultimately I love what I got and always seem to have to make certain for a few days before using it.

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe exchange Alma bb and the wallet for Cluny bb? It will fit a bit more and be more versatile. Cluny bb is on my wishlist too. Perhaps you can try her on first and see which you prefer. Good luck deciding!

I once put my purse items in a shopping bag and dumped them into a new purse at the BV store. Did the same when picking up my Mon Mono Speedy. I just ordered a new purse and am hoping to let the vachetta darken before using it, but I probably will fail.

I do have one hot stamped LV luggage tag that I just have not used but like to look at.

I do that with all my new purchases, not only LV. I don't want people to see I have something new. Which is insane, because there's still a first time using them, just not the day I buy them.

I usually will let the bag sit for a good 6 months before use it. I always check on them to make sure that they are stuffed properly and I do hang my bags as well. I have always waited. Not sure why, but that's just me. If message is in two parts is because I hit send too soon.

Last edited: